On the Web:
- Apple Pay’s growth increases pressure on retailers to jump on board - Mobile Commerce Daily - “Regarding retailers, unless the retailer is a member of CurrentC, there’s really no downside to accepting Apple Pay if their POS terminals are NFC enabled."
- Apple Pay in Afghanistan: Could US M-Payments Work Abroad? - CGAP Blog - "Why should someone in Afghanistan care about Apple Pay, and why should someone in Menlo Park care about M-PESA? Because the fundamental principles and lessons of mobile payments are universal."
- Conference of State Bank Supervisors Releases Policy Statement and Draft Model Regulatory Framework for Virtual Currency - Virtural Currency Report - "The Draft Framework raises many of the same issues as the proposed New York BitLicense. Furthermore, because the Draft Framework includes non-convertible virtual currency in the definition of virtual currency in the Policy Statement, CSBS has created issues beyond those raised in New York’s proposal."
- PeerNova Raises $8.6 Million to Refocus on Enterprise Blockchain Applications - CoinDesk - "PeerNova has raised $8.6m in new funding as it seeks to pivot from providing enterprise bitcoin mining infrastructure to enterprise blockchain software solutions."
On the Wires:
- ChowNow Becomes The First Online Ordering Platform To Integrate Apple Pay - "The addition of Apple Pay benefits both restaurants and their customers. Rather than manually inputting their credit card number and billing address, customers with an iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, or the forthcoming Apple Watch, can complete their order simply by using their fingerprint. As a result of the added convenience and security, restaurants should see increased order volumes, and hence a more profitable to-go business."
- ID Insight Debuts Next-Generation Address Verification - "Safe2Ship processes addresses to ensure each is a valid and legitimate delivery point, verifies the customer’s identifying information using ID Insight’s consolidated databases of billions of records, and identifies and appends the best address if the customer does not reside at the address provided."
- A New Way to Pay with Commerce Bank Credit and Debit Cards Using Apple Pay - “Apple Pay is a significant step forward in mobile payments and we are happy to be able to offer this feature to our customers,” said Carl Bradbury, Commerce Bank director of consumer card products. “With Apple Pay, our customers will now have the option to make purchases both securely and conveniently in stores and within apps with the latest iPhones and iPads.”
- Mint Streamlines Bill-Paying With New Mint Bills - “Mint has historically served as a rear-view mirror for personal finances, providing consumers a look back at their money,” said Barry Saik, senior vice president and general manager of Intuit’s Consumer Ecosystem Group. “Today, we’re taking a more forward-looking approach, helping people to anticipate and accomplish must-do financial tasks, such as paying bills, so they can feel confident and in control of their money.”
- Global Payments and Bank of the Philippine Islands Form Strategic Joint Venture - "We are delighted to enter into this partnership with BPI in the Philippines, one of our fastest growing markets," said Jeff Sloan, Chief Executive Officer of Global Payments. "This joint venture highlights our strategy to drive accelerating growth by expanding direct distribution in Asia. It will also allow us to add significant merchants to our existing business in the Philippines, further leverage our technological strengths and provide superior product and service offerings to BPI customers in a highly attractive market," Sloan continued.
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews