On the Web:
- Glenbrook’s Retailing Framework - PaymentsViews.com (Russ Jones) - "I’ve been thinking a lot about how payments and payment-related technologies fit into the emerging world of multi-channel commerce or omni-commerce as some people call it."
- Will Bitcoin replace SWIFT? - Financial Services Club Blog - "We have a technology that is being developed in the open for almost six years now, that has more compute power behind it on a decentralised basis than any open source project in history, and that could fundamentally destroy the banking system … and only a miniscule of bankers are trying to understand it."
On the Wires:
- Bank of Canada is Keeping a Close Eye on E-Money, Says Senior Deputy Governor Carolyn Wilkins - "E-money has the potential over time to alter the fundamental payments architecture around the world and could pose risks both to individuals and the Canadian financial system as a whole. That is why Canada is modernizing its oversight framework for payments."
- Green Dot Supports CFPB’s Proposed Rules For Prepaid Debit Cards - "Green Dot’s Founder, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Steve Streit testified yesterday at the CFPB field hearing on the topic in Wilmington, DE. As part of his prepared testimony, Mr. Streit said, “Today the prepaid industry takes another step towards maturity and passes another milestone on its path to long term sustainability and critical mass. I, as a person, and Green Dot, as a company, fully support the CFPB's mission."
Updates from Glenbrook:
- The next session of Glenbrook's Payments Boot Camp will be held Dec 9-10 in Palo Alto, CA. Join us!
- Glenbrook's Bitcoin: Basics and Beyond Workshop will be held Nov 19 in New York City
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews