Glenbrook Meetup in Chicago - Wednesday, Feb 25
- Glenbrook's Carol Benson and Erin McCune will be in Chicago this week and will be hosting a Glenbrook Meet Up on Wednesday, Feb 25. We hope you can join them and network with other friends of Glenbrook. Click here for details on registering for the Meet Up.
On the Web:
- The Slow, Steady March Towards Digital Money - Wall St. Journal CIO Report (Irving Wladawsky-Berger) - "On January 27, Citi and Imperial College held their third annual Digital Money Symposium in London. As in previous years, the Symposium convened a group of leaders in their field to explore the state of adoption of digital money and its economic and societal impacts around the world."
- How Technology Is Tricking You Into Tipping More - TechCrunch - "Digital payment systems use subtle tactics to increase tips, and while it’s certainly good for hard-working service workers, it may not be so good for your wallet."
- Green Dot is targeting the 'unhappily banked' for its prepaid cards - Los Angeles Times - Streit said Green Dot targets people who are "unhappily banked, meaning you have a checking account somewhere and you just don't like it."
- Visa research shows Australians set to embrace paying with their phones - News.com.au - "The Visa research shows that nearly two thirds of all face-to-face Visa transactions use payWave, compared with just 14.7 per cent in Canada and 21.5 per cent in Singapore."
- Apple Pay seems to be growing well - Finer Things in Tech - "First is the list of retailers from the Apple Pay website, unveiled alongside the iPhone 6 announcement in September 2014. Next is the most updated list as of February 21, 2015."
On the Wires:
- Softcard and Google Complete Deal to Power the Next Generation of Mobile Payments - "Google has acquired Softcard technology and capabilities to power the next generation of mobile payments."
Glenbrook's 2015 Payments Education Schedule Now Available!
- Our payments education schedule for this year is now available. Our spring Payments Boot Camp sessions begin in Menlo Park, CA on March 3-4 followed by New York City on April 14-15. We're also holding two one-day Insight Workshops this spring - B2B Payments on March 5 in Menlo Park and Faster Payments on April 16 in New York City.
- If you have questions about our payments education program, please contact Carol Coye Benson for more information.
- Click here to share PaymentsNews with a friend
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews