On the Web:
- Tourists Are Left in Lurch by Greek Crisis - Wall St. Journal - "Automated-teller machines are running dry and many businesses are no longer accepting credit cards."
- Barclays expands contactless wearables - Guardian - "Barclays, which launched payment wristbands last year, is launching key fobs, an updated wristband and stickers that can be attached to any flat surface, including a mobile phone."
- Apple, Google bet on walletless future, but are shoppers ready to pay with phone? - San Jose Mercury News - "Some pay for deli sandwiches with a flick of their Internet-enabled wristwatches. Osama Bedier waves his phone."
On the Wires:
- eBay Inc. Board of Directors Approves Completion of eBay and PayPal Separation - "eBay Inc. stockholders will receive one share of PayPal common stock for each share of eBay Inc. common stock held as of the close of business on July 8, 2015, the record date for the distribution. Subject to the satisfaction of the conditions to the distribution, the distribution of PayPal common stock is expected to occur on July 17, 2015."
- Perpetually Plugged In: America’s Smartphone Obsession Continues as Many Admit to Constant Connectivity - "Nearly four in 10 (38 percent) U.S. adult consumers never disconnect from their smartphones, and only 7 percent shut down entirely on vacation, according to a new report released today by Bank of America. In examining everyday use, the majority (89 percent) of adults check their smartphones at least several times a day, and more than one-third (36 percent) report they constantly check their devices."
- Apriva and Amano McGann Bring EMV to Parking Payment Systems Nationwide - “The last thing consumers want to worry about when parking is how to pay,” said Brian Sadowski, Chief Information Officer at Apriva. “By partnering with Amano McGann, we are able to bring seamless, secure, stress-free payments to the largest parking provider in the industry.”
Glenbrook's 2015 Payments Education
- Our next Payments Boot Camp session is scheduled for August 4-5 in Mountain View, California followed by a one-day Insight Workshop on August 6 on the topic of Data in Payments.
- If you have questions about our payments education program, please contact Carol Coye Benson for more information.
- Click here to share PaymentsNews with a friend
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews