On the web:
- VCs Confident In Bitcoin’s Bright Future, Despite So Many Unknowns - TechCrunch - "Put another way: they’re bullish at bottom, but acting a little bearish on the surface — likely owing to a healthy respect for how much remains unknown."
- Winklevoss Twins Plan First Fund for Bitcoins - New York Times - "The trust brings bitcoin to Main Street and mainstream investors to bitcoin..."
- Winklevoss twins plan IPO for Bitcoins digital money - NBC News - "Winklevoss Bitcoin Trust, which is designed to operate like an exchange-traded fund, will initially sell $20 million worth of shares, with each share worth a fraction of a Bitcoin..."
- Mobile Payments Are Not the Way of the (near) Future - Citizentekk (Eliot Buchanan) - "So can anyone solve “mobile” and “payments” simultaneously? In my opinion, the two are not set to come together in the near future."
On the wires:
- OpenCoin Extends Ripple Network to Include All Bitcoin Merchants and Users - "Now, anyone can send Bitcoins without having to use a central exchange. At the same time, any merchant accepting Bitcoins now has the potential to accept any currency in the world."
- WESTERN UNION EXPANDS: International and Domestic Direct-to-Bank Money Transfers to Bank Accounts in India - "Thanks also to our relationship with Kotak Mahindra Bank; as a business correspondent, we have the potential to use more than half of our Agent locations to send domestic money transfers directly into India’s banking network."
- GlobalCollect Releases Global MMO Games Market Report on Payments, Intelligence and Trends - "MMO games will account for $14.9 billion, or 21.2%, of global gaming revenues in 2013."
Upcoming from Glenbrook:
- Summer Camp! - A special summer session of our popular Payments Boot Camp - in Half Moon Bay on August 6th and 7th... Also, an optional half day course on Data In Payments - August 8th, also in Half Moon Bay. Join Carol, Scott and Russ for lively, interactive sessions - register now!
- Follow Glenbrook Partners on LinkedIn! -