On the Web:
- Inside the Global Payments Boot Camp - PaymentsViews.com (Russ Jones) - "Last year we expanded our Payments Boot Camp program to include a series of one-day workshops that give us an opportunity to dive a little deeper into a topic to share our experience and insights in a more interactive forum. And no topic has as much “real-world” demand as Global Payments. It’s a broad area to explore, and I wanted to share how we’ve structured the narrative."
- The 21 Bitcoin Computer - "Today we’re announcing a new kind of device for sale: the 21 Bitcoin Computer, the first computer with native hardware and software support for the Bitcoin protocol."
- Circle Granted First BitLicense by NYDFS - CoinDesk - "Bitcoin wallet Circle says it has become the first company to receive a BitLicense from the New York State Department of Financial Services (NYDFS)."
On the Wires:
- Starbucks Mobile Order & Pay Now Available to Customers Nationwide - “Bringing Mobile Order and Pay to our customers is about meeting their needs of convenience and customization at any time of the day,” said Adam Brotman, Starbucks chief digital officer. “The fact that it also represents the fastest technology application rollout we have ever done is indicative of the strength of our digital ecosystem, how well it has been received by both our customers and store partners and the impact we think it can have on the future of retail.”
- MyCheck Breaks New Ground with Menu Reordering Capability for Custom Mobile Payment Apps - “MyCheck’s reordering capability is a powerful technological innovation that revolutionizes in-location ordering and the guest experience because unlike tablet solutions, our branded mobile payment apps seamlessly connect to the point-of-sale, link guest consumption to rewards and foster ongoing brand engagement,” said Tal Nathanel, U.S. CEO of MyCheck.
- Kohl’s Amps Up Digital to Make Omnichannel Shopping Easier than Ever - "Beginning this fall, Kohl’s customers will have a new easy, secure and private way to pay in stores with the rollout of Apple Pay, as well as the ability to use Apple Pay within the Kohl’s app. Kohl’s customers will also be able to add their Kohl’s Charge card as a form of payment within Apple Pay. Kohl’s customers will be able to complete purchases easily, quickly and securely across all digital channels with Visa Checkout, which will be available on Kohls.com and mobile devices."
Glenbrook's 2015 Payments Education
- Our next Payments Boot Camp session is scheduled for October 13-14 in Palo Alto, California followed by a one-day Insight Workshop on October 15 on the topic of Global Payments.
- If you have questions about our payments education program, please contact Russ Jones for more information.
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews
Note: Headline News is compiled by Glenbrook Partners. Throughout the day, as we spot interesting developments, this post is updated. Do you have news to share? Tell us here: firstname.lastname@example.org!