On the Web:
- Payments on Fire Podcast #26 – Maybe It’s 3D Secure, After All- PaymentsViews - "In this conversation with Mike Roche, VP of Consumer Authentication at Cardinal Commerce, we take a deep dive into 3D Secure, its implementation and continuing evolution, expectations of increased card not present fraud due to EMV’s US arrival, and its positive effect on merchant sales and issuer spend."
- How Alibaba is helping Paytm grow from being a startup to a large company - Economic Times - "Alibaba is helping Paytm on two fronts: technology and business."
- Everything you need to know about India’s brand new payments banks - Quartz - "These payments bank will be allowed to accept deposits (of up to Rs1 lakh), provide payments and remittances services, and distribute third-party financial products. But unlike regular banks, they won’t be allowed to lend or issue credit cards, although they can provide debit cards and internet banking facilities."
On the Wires:
- Discover Announces Strategic Network Service Agreement with Brazilian Domestic Card Network, Elo - “Discover has a long-standing history of leveraging its unique payments infrastructure to create mutually beneficial relationships around the globe,” said Joe Hurley, Senior Vice President Global Business Development, Discover Network. “Striking an agreement with Elo offers great benefits to both companies, most importantly, Elo Global cardholders will have the ability to use their card of choice when traveling abroad.”
- TSYS Launches New Suite of Business Intelligence Products - "At TSYS, we are revolutionizing how our clients turn data into results by understanding the need to better integrate analytics into business strategies," said Kim Ohlrogge, group executive of Global Product, TSYS. "We view analytics as a key focus for future innovation and are working to address the time and usability challenges many issuers have today with their existing dashboards and reporting tools."
Glenbrook's 2015 Payments Education
- Our next Payments Boot Camp session is scheduled for October 13-14 in Palo Alto, California followed by a one-day Insight Workshop on October 15 on the topic of Global Payments.
- If you have questions about our payments education program, please contact Carol Coye Benson for more information.
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews
Note: Headline News is compiled by Glenbrook Partners. Throughout the day, as we spot interesting developments, this post is updated. Do you have news to share? Tell us here: firstname.lastname@example.org!