On the Web:
- New Costs Imposed on Banks by Same-Day ACH Could Reshape Pricing Approach - Digital Transactions - “With all this going on, costs are going to go up,” warned Jason Carone, head of product management at Silicon Valley Bank. “Once we get same-day [settlement] in place, there’s more due diligence you have to do.”
- Santander InnoVentures Chief on Blockchain's 'Bigger Picture' - CoinDesk - We shouldn't be focused on the adoption of a digital currency. The underlying technology is a powerful one and I think that we will see adoption of that technology much sooner."
- P2P Lending Site Funding Circle Raises $150M Led By DST At A $1B+ Valuation - TechCrunch - "This latest round was led by DST Global, with participation also from Baillie Gifford, a fund managed by BlackRock, Sands Capital Ventures and Singapore’s Temasek."
- Where Americans don’t know how to write checks - Washington Post - "Here's an interesting fact: falling check use has been accompanied by a rise Google searches for "how to write a check." Today, those searches are nearly five times as prevalent as they were 10 years ago."
On the Wires:
- AT&T Access More Card from Citi Featuring a New Exclusive Smartphone Offer Now Available - “Whether talking, texting, shopping or paying – we know our customers rely upon – and love – their smartphones,” said Ralph Andretta, Head of North America Branded Cards, Citi. “With the AT&T Access More card, you can earn a statement credit for a brand new phone and get more points every time you make a purchase from AT&T or shop online – on any device.”
- Heartland Collaborates with PAX to Offer Secure EMV Terminals for Merchants - "The Heartland Secure PAX terminals are the latest development in our partnership of making security and technology available to merchants. The PAX POSLink semi-integrated configuration and the PAX S300 provide an exceptional solution to ISVs and VARs that are looking to reduce the complexity of payments support as well as PCI exposure."
Glenbrook's 2015 Payments Education
- Our next spring Payments Boot Camp session is scheduled for May 19-20 in Menlo Park, California followed by a one-day Insight Workshop on May 21 on the topic of The New Point of Sale.
- If you have questions about our payments education program, please contact Carol Coye Benson for more information.
- Click here to share PaymentsNews with a friend
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews