ON THE WEB
- Plastiq lets you pay any bill with your credit or debit card just by snapping a photo - TechCrunch - "The goal with the app is to offer something designed for mobile, that’s also more convenient than using a bank’s online bill pay feature."
ON THE WIRES
- Visa Inc. Reaches Preliminary Agreement to Amend Transaction With Visa Europe - "Visa Inc. today announced that, in response to feedback received from the European Commission, the Company and Visa Europe have reached preliminary agreement to amend their Transaction Agreement to eliminate the earn-out portion of the transaction consideration."
- Visa Inc. Reports Fiscal Second Quarter 2016 Results - “Visa reported solid financial results in the fiscal second quarter. The continued headwinds of the strong U.S. dollar, lower oil prices, and an uneven global economy are driving continued weak cross-border spend, but domestic spend continues at reasonably strong levels consistent with last quarter."
- MasterCard and Major League Baseball Extend, Expand Partnership - “MLB is one of our longest-tenured partners and during this time we’ve significantly expanded our relationship by taking it far beyond a traditional sponsorship,” said Raja Rajamannar, Chief Marketing Officer, MasterCard. “Baseball is a passion for many and through our partnership we’ve been able to deliver not only access for fans, but have incorporated new payment options, driven fan engagement around Priceless Causes and delivered truly memorable moments.”
- Acorns Raises $30M in Funding to Expand its Micro-investing Products, Services, and Partnerships - "Acorns and PayPal share a vision of democratizing financial services and offering innovative solutions to help people build financial health," said Joanna Lambert, vice president of global consumer product and engineering at PayPal. "Technology is breaking down barriers to financial participation. PayPal is excited to support Acorns as they continue to use mobile technology to innovate in micro-investing, and empower millennials to take charge of their finances."
- For Convenience or in an Emergency, CardFree Cash From Fiserv Enables Cardless Access to Cash at the ATM - Consumers live in an increasingly mobile world and want anytime, anywhere access to their money – experiencing financial services the same way they live their lives,” said David Keenan, senior vice president, Network Solutions, Fiserv. “CardFree Cash offers the convenience of the ATM and immediate access to cash without needing a card.”
GLENBROOK PAYMENTS EDUCATION EVENTS
Our next Glenbrook payments education events are coming up in May - both in Palo Alto, CA - we hope to see you there!
Bring your colleagues along! Group discounts are available. For more information or to learn about our private workshops conducted at your location, contact Glenbrook's Russ Jones.
UPDATES FROM GLENBROOK
- We're hiring! Passionate about payments? Love solving tough client problems? If that describes you, come join us! Click here to learn more!
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews
Note: Headline News is compiled by Glenbrook Partners. Throughout the day, as we spot interesting developments, this post is updated. Do you have news to share? Tell us here: email@example.com!