On the Web:
- Square Eschews Free, Starts $29 Pre-Orders For Chip-Based Card Readers - TechCrunch - "The mobile dongle version will sell for $29 and a table-top version will cost $39 — a departure for the company not just in terms of technology but also cost: the old mag-stripe dongles were free."
- Now Available for Pre-Order: The Most Affordable Chip Card Reader on the Market - Square Blog - "The reader is compact (having it fit in your pocket was important to us) and compatible with iOS and Android devices. It processes both magnetic-stripe and chip cards and is extremely energy efficient—it’ll get even the most active Square sellers through an entire day of sales without having to charge."
- Braintree, DocuSign and Etoro Talk Bitcoin at Web Summit 2014 - CoinDesk - "Looking outside of payments, the founder of digital signature company DocuSign, Tom Gonser, told CoinDesk his firm was experimenting with bitcoin and blockchain technologies in its research and development lab."
On the Wires:
- American Express Launches the New americanexpress.com - "The new website enhances the Card Member’s digital experience by providing increased financial clarity, simplifying online payments, and providing new account and spending insights. Inspired by customer feedback, American Express designers and engineers have created a new design that is sleek, simple and smart."
- American Express, Brooklyn Nets, and Barclays Center Give Guests the Ability to Pay with Smartphones at Events - "Built on the American Express Serve® platform, Brooklyn eWallet lets guests use their smartphone to purchase food and drinks at any Barclays Center event without reaching for their wallet."
- Fiserv Names Kevin Schultz Group President - “Kevin brings a strong payments background and intense client focus to his new role,” said Jeffery Yabuki, President and Chief Executive Officer of Fiserv. “We believe his industry knowledge and leadership experience will help us to deliver on the opportunities we see to create new value for financial institutions and their customers.”
Updates from Glenbrook:
- The next session of Glenbrook's Payments Boot Camp will be held Dec 9-10 in Palo Alto, CA. Join us!
- Glenbrook's Bitcoin: Basics and Beyond Workshop will be held Nov 19 in New York City
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews