On the Web:
- Don't believe the hype on Apple Pay says MasterCard global chief - Sydney Morning Herald - "Instead of being disrupted, the incumbent payment network, along with fellow global giants Visa and American Express, has so far remained integral to the numerous tech players' push into payments – including Apple, Samsung and Google's Android – and they are assisting its growth."
- AmEx’s Chenault Aims to Overcome Setbacks - Wall St. Journal - "On Wednesday, Mr. Chenault will outline his strategy for the firm for the first time sincelosing a key court case and a lucrative 16-year partnership with Costco Wholesale Corp."
- Google Working on Project to Let You Receive and Pay Bills Directly Inside Gmail - Re/code.net - "The company is currently working on a project that will allow Gmail users to more easily receive bills in their email inbox instead of their mailbox."
On the Wires:
- Global Payments Acquires Realex Payments, Expanding Its International Ecommerce Offerings - Colm Lyon, CEO of Realex Payments, added, "We are thrilled to be joining the Global Payments team. The combination of Global Payments' multinational acquiring expertise with Realex Payments’ technologies and employees will position us well for global growth and expansion."
- Rise in “Mobile-Only” Users Will Require Rethinking Mobile Banking Says Fiserv White Paper - "According to Fiserv estimates, mobile-only users make up about 15 percent of a typical financial institutions’ mobile banking user base. Mobile-only users are defined as those who access their accounts using only their smartphones. Although the segment is small, it is growing, and it makes up an integral part of the mobile banking population."
- Pay with OpenTable Now Available for Android - "Millions of diners use our apps to discover and book the perfect table," said Jocelyn Mangan, OpenTable Senior Vice President, Product Management. "We're excited to provide Android users with a payment experience that is intuitive and integrated into the OpenTable app they know and love."
- ShopKeep Launches Integrated Payments - "ShopKeep Payments will be a new division of ShopKeep, and will leverage technology from Payment Revolution, an independent sales organization and a full service credit card processing firm that specializes in custom solutions. ShopKeep Payments will also offer best-in-class residual payouts to its interested, certified value-added resellers and referral partners"
Glenbrook's 2015 Payments Education Update!
- Our payments education schedule for 2015 is now available. Our next spring Payments Boot Camp session is scheduled for New York City on April 14-15. We're also holding a one-day Insight Workshop on April 16 following the New York Boot Camp on the topic of Faster Payments.
- If you have questions about our payments education program, please contact Carol Coye Benson for more information.
- Click here to share PaymentsNews with a friend
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews