On the Web:
- Retailers’ Answer to Apple Pay Is Said to Hit Stores in August - BloombergBusiness - "A mobile payment application developed by Merchant Customer Exchange -- a company founded in August 2012 with funding from Wal-Mart Stores Inc., Target Corp. and Best Buy Co. -- has been tested by employees of the retailers and will get a limited trial run next month in stores..."
- McDonald’s attempts mobile comeback with US app rollout - Mobile Commerce Daily - "While McDonald’s currently offers mobile applications in several foreign markets, such as Britain, this will mark the first time that fans will be able to receive coupons within a branded app rather than a third-party marketer."
On the Wires:
- Global Payments and CaixaBank Announce Central and Eastern European Joint Venture with Erste Group Bank - “We are pleased to enter into this partnership with CaixaBank and Erste Group,” said Jeff Sloan, Chief Executive Officer of Global Payments. “The joint venture will allow us to significantly expand our direct distribution footprint in Europe with leading financial partners, catalyze our capabilities to service multinational customers across the common European payments area and leverage our global product and service offering to Erste Group Bank’s merchants. The partnership positions our European business for accelerated growth at a favorable time in Europe.”
- Fiserv to Integrate Fujitsu PalmSecure Technology into DNA Account Processing Platform - “The security and integrity of customer financial transactions are paramount for our bank and credit union clients,” said Steve Cameron, Group President, Open Solutions Division, Fiserv. “Integrating Fujitsu’s PalmSecure biometrics technology with the DNA account processing platform gives our clients an innovative choice for accountholder verification that can reduce risk and advance their branch-of-the-future strategies.”
- Industry Veteran Michael Lynch Joins InAuth as Chief Strategy Officer - "Prior to joining InAuth, Lynch served as a Senior Vice President for Bank of America, responsible for Authentication Strategy. He served at Bank of America for 14 years in various leadership positions within technology, customer protection, and online and mobile security strategy roles."
Glenbrook's 2015 Payments Education
- Our next Payments Boot Camp session is scheduled for August 4-5 in Mountain View, California followed by a one-day Insight Workshop on August 6 on the topic of Data in Payments.
- If you have questions about our payments education program, please contact Carol Coye Benson for more information.
- Click here to share PaymentsNews with a friend
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events.
Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews