"What's our bitcoin strategy?!" - frantic email from bad VC to all of their portfolio company CEOs today.— Matt Harris (@mattcharris) April 30, 2013
On the web:
- Peak Cash? - Tomorrow's Transactons Blog - "What do these figures tell us? They tell us that all around the world, the principal function of cash in developed economies is no longer to support commerce, but to support crime."
- Live @TechCrunch Disrupt NY – Fireside Chat with Fred Wilson - "What Fred is interested in for investments: New forms of payment and money (Dwolla) - there should not be fees of 3.5% every time someone wants/needs to transfer money…"
- IRS Takes A Bite Out Of Bitcoin - Forbes - "…the tax rules seem pretty clear. If you provide services or sell goods for Bitcoin, you have income…"
- Angel Investor, Spotify Fixer Shakil Khan Launches Coindesk, A Bitcoin Resource - TechCrunch - "I am just fascinated by the digital currency space.”
On the wires:
- Billers Receiving More Mobile Bill Payments, Have High Expectations for the Channel - Fiserv - "…the number of mobile bill payment transactions processed … tripled within the past 24 months, rising from about 4 percent of bill payment transactions to about 15 percent."