On the Web:
- Wirecard Said to Join Worldpay Contest With $9.4 Billion Bid - Bloomberg - "German payments processor Wirecard AG has joined the bidding for U.K. rival Worldpay Ltd., according to people with knowledge of the matter."
- PayPal One Touch is Now Being Used By Millions of People and Available in 16 Countries - "One Touch is the biggest change to online shopping in more than a decade. It is a faster, safer way for consumers to check out at merchant sites, whether in mobile apps, on mobile web or online -- across platforms and payment types. Since launching One Touch, we’ve gotten phenomenal feedback from consumers and merchants alike. One Touch has led to a 50% or greater improvement in conversion of PayPal on mobile and we believe ushers in a major upgrade in the way consumers and merchants will connect in the coming decade. "
On the Wires:
- First American Payment Systems Releases Payment Integration Tools for Partners and Developers - "As the payments world evolves, ISV partners are looking to increase revenue and differentiate their product offerings in the marketplace,” said Neil Randel, Chief Executive Officer for First American Payment Systems. “1stPayBlaze provides that functionality to the ISV community, as well as to their existing and new merchants, backed by our award-winning customer service and technical support. Our tools allow developers to incorporate this advanced technology within their software or website quickly and easily, eliminating many of the complex integration steps required in certifications.”
- New Payment Technology is an Ace for MasterCard and The Barclays - "Golf fans using the latest in payment technology from MasterCard can get their food and drinks faster whether they are on the course, in the clubhouse or visiting the MasterCard Club on the ninth fairway during The Barclays in Edison, NJ. Concession point of sale terminals throughout Plainfield Country Club will be enabled to accept contactless payments and Qkr! with MasterPass, giving spectators a chance to use some of the newest payment technologies."
- QCash Financial Offers QCash and QCash Plus as White Label Products to Financial Institutions - "QCash Financial’s product suite enables financial institutions to offer small-dollar, short-term loans quickly via a mobile device, from a branch or online to consumers. The suite is currently comprised of fee-based, small-dollar loans (QCash), and interest-based, near small-dollar loans (QCash Plus), both of which use the data analytics, technology and underwriting engine powered by QCash."
Glenbrook's 2015 Payments Education
- Our next Payments Boot Camp session is scheduled for October 13-14 in Palo Alto, California followed by a one-day Insight Workshop on October 15 on the topic of Global Payments.
- If you have questions about our payments education program, please contact Russ Jones for more information.
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews
Note: Headline News is compiled by Glenbrook Partners. Throughout the day, as we spot interesting developments, this post is updated. Do you have news to share? Tell us here: email@example.com!