On the Web:
- Credit-Card Fraudsters Pump Gas Stations for Profit - Wall St. Journal - "The crime wave has been driven by the flood of stolen credit-card data easily accessible online, much of which was swiped in high-profile breaches."
- Cashback cull: Tesco halves Clubcard points for 2.8m credit card holders - The Telegraph - "Millions of Tesco credit card holders will see their cash earnings halved overnight as a result of new European laws that have forced several high street lenders to withdraw cashback deals."
- Small Businesses Are Slow to Embrace New Chip-Card System - Wall St. Journal - "Many small businesses aren’t switching, mainly because they don’t know about the shift or don’t see any payoff from the new systems, which are slightly slower."
- 4 trends in fintech startups - O'Reilly Radar - "It’s hard for incumbents to innovate existing businesses in house, and this is where startups thrive: testing new business models and pushing the limits of technology unencumbered by regulations or corporate baggage. Hackathons and startup competitions are where innovative ideas are tested."
On the Wires:
- MasterCard Start Path to Build the Future of Commerce with Startups - “Start Path thoughtfully connects the right partners with the right startups to build the future of commerce together,” said Stephane Wyper, Global Lead of MasterCard Start Path. “And now with our global expansion, we will be able to target a broader range of startups and help them achieve success."
- FLEETCOR Announces New Executive Appointments to its Comdata Business Units - “We’re delighted to welcome Greg and Kurt to the Comdata and FLEETCOR management team,” said Ron Clarke, Chairman and CEO of FLEETCOR. “Each brings successful general management experience to their new roles. We expect these executive additions will help accelerate the implementation of our Comdata growth plans.”
Glenbrook's 2015 Payments Education
- Our next Payments Boot Camp session is scheduled for October 13-14 in Palo Alto, California followed by a one-day Insight Workshop on October 15 on the topic of Global Payments.
- If you have questions about our payments education program, please contact Russ Jones for more information.
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews
Note: Headline News is compiled by Glenbrook Partners. Throughout the day, as we spot interesting developments, this post is updated. Do you have news to share? Tell us here: email@example.com!