ON THE WEB
- Payments on Fire Podcast: On Internet Money – Talking Circle.com with Jeremy Allaire - PaymentsViews.com (George Peabody) - "The view that moving money is or should be an internet-wide capability is a guiding principle for Jeremy Allaire, founder and CEO of Circle. Take a listen to Jeremy on how Circle is connecting US dollars to British pound sterling, his plans for the euro, and how multiple technologies – blockchain and machine learning among them – enable money movement for Circle’s customers."
- Why the Big Banks Can't Imagine Their Own Demises - New Yorker - "Later this year, the big banks will be given another shot at getting their living wills right. It’s important for the country that they do so, because we can’t have a sensible debate about whether and how to break up these institutions until we know how much of a risk they pose."
ON THE WIRES
- New comScore Study Shows PayPal Online Checkout Conversion is 87.5%, Outperforms Competitors by 36% - “This comScore study shows that shoppers are completing their purchases with PayPal, at almost twice the rate of legacy systems,” said Bill Ready, senior vice president of product and engineering, PayPal. “As more commerce moves to mobile, having an easy way to checkout moves from a nice-to-have to a must-have. Last quarter, our customers made more than 15 million transactions a day on the PayPal platform, with 28% of them from mobile devices.”
- SWIFT and Accenture outline path to Distributed Ledger Technology adoption within financial services - “Since the emergence of DLTs, the financial services industry has been looking for answers to questions about the potential use of these new technologies,” says Fabian Vandenreydt, Head of Securities, Innotribe and the SWIFT Institute, SWIFT. “The technology assessment has given us valuable insights into the necessary requirements for DLTs to succeed in financial services. It provides a clear state-of-play, outlining the different factors the technology needs to address, and the current maturity of DLTs in each of these areas."
- Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago / Visa Inc. Convene Milestone Tenth Annual Global Financial Literacy Summit With Eye Toward Future - "At Visa, we have found that our most effective financial literacy programs come from strong partnerships between the public and private sector," said Nat Sillin, Visa's program lead for Financial Literacy. "Today's summit brings together well-respected leaders for an engaging discussion of how to improve financial education globally. We are encouraging summit attendees and webcast viewers to make their own commitment to advance personal finance education, which they can do by visiting www.finlitsummit.org."
- Discover Global Network Signs with Computop to Increase International E-Commerce Merchant Acceptance - "This agreement is part of Discover Global Network’s ongoing effort to increase global acceptance, both online and in-store, through partnerships with leading payment service providers. By working with Computop, all cards running on the Discover Global Network will be provided with seamless and secure access to additional top merchants in the travel, e-commerce, hospitality and retail industries, among others."
- RS Software Selected By Base Commerce - According to Jason Kafer, Chief Technology Officer of Base Commerce, “The depth of payments knowledge at RS Software is a critical value add to my business. I can achieve better control of the total cost of ownership related to my technology investment."
- Samsung Pay Partners with Global POS Providers to Accelerate Mobile Payments Adoption - "Samsung announced today new partnerships with the world’s largest POS makers, including Verifone (NYSE: PAY), Ingenico Group, First Data and Clover, PAX Technology, Equinox, ID TECH, MagTek, USA ePay and OTI Global, to accelerate mobile payment adoption by ensuring the best possible user experience at merchants’ point-of-sale (POS) systems during checkout"
- Moneris Partners with talech to Offer U.S. Merchants an mPOS and Business Management Solution via Banks - “Mobile is quickly emerging as the solution of choice for many merchants today as they look to increase their business efficiency and productivity,” said Chris Lee, President, North American Strategic Partnerships and Emerging Markets, Moneris Solutions. “With nearly half of all POS solutions expected to be mobile in the next three years, our partnership with talech allows us to deliver to merchants a complete business management solution.”
- The Nilson Report Releases Top U.S. Debit Cards 2015 - "Bank of America, Wells Fargo, JPMorgan Chase, PNC Bank, and U.S. Bank were the top 5 issuers based on combined signature-based and PIN-based debit as well as prepaid card spending."
- First Data Launches Clover Online Store, An All-In-One eCommerce Solution - “Clover Online Store provides business owners with an ‘all-in-one’ integrated solution that includes shopping cart functionality, web design and all of the business management features that come with Clover,” said Guy Chiarello, President, First Data.
GLENBROOK PAYMENTS EDUCATION EVENTS
Our next Glenbrook payments education events are coming up in May - both in Palo Alto, CA - we hope to see you there!
Bring your colleagues along! Group discounts are available. For more information or to learn about our private workshops conducted at your location, contact Glenbrook's Russ Jones.
UPDATES FROM GLENBROOK
- We're hiring! Passionate about payments? Love solving tough client problems? If that describes you, come join us! Click here to learn more!
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews
Note: Headline News is compiled by Glenbrook Partners. Throughout the day, as we spot interesting developments, this post is updated. Do you have news to share? Tell us here: email@example.com!