ON THE WEB
- Virtual currencies create pathways for people in emerging economies - "In a world where millions still lack a recognized form of identification, some innovators see distributed ledgers as a foundation for new forms of secure, portable digital IDs."
- Ethereum and What It Could Mean for the Future of Cryptocurrencies - Due.com - "What makes Ethereum’s use of blockchain stand out is that it’s not just focused on cryptocurrencies, but applying blockchain to everything."
ON THE WIRES
- Federal Reserve Engages in Effort to Assess Faster Payments Solutions - "The Federal Reserve on Tuesday announced the selection of McKinsey & Company to support Faster Payments Task Force efforts this year to assess faster payments solution proposals from various providers across the United States payments industry."
- SWIFT signs MoU with China’s CIPS - "SWIFT has signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) that sets out plans to develop China’s Cross-border Interbank Payment System (CIPS) using SWIFT as the secure channel to connect CIPS with its global user community."
- Survey: 73% of American Companies Were Targets of Payments Fraud in 2015 - "Let there be no doubt: Payments fraud is an enormous challenge for all organizations," said Jim Kaitz, president and chief executive officer of AFP. "One of the toughest payments fraud challenges we are seeing is BEC scams, which are growing increasingly sophisticated and successfully infiltrating email systems at numerous organizations."
- JPMorgan Chase Institute Launches Local Consumer Commerce Index of Everyday Spending in 15 U.S. Cities - "Unlike many existing sources of data on consumer spending, the LCCI captures actual transactions, instead of self-reported measures of how consumers think they spend. The index’s geographically specific data provide a granular and timely view of how cities and their surrounding metro areas are faring on a monthly basis. Further, the LCCI captures economic activity in consumer facing retail and services sectors that previously have not been well understood by other data sources."
- Global Payments Announces Full Support for Samsung Pay in China - “Global Payments is delighted to bring innovative commerce to merchants in China by supporting Samsung Pay,” said Frank T. Young, SVP, Global Product and Innovation. "Our continued commitment to leading payments technology across the globe allows us to offer another form of mobile payment acceptance to the broadest set of merchants."
GLENBROOK PAYMENTS EDUCATION EVENTS
Our next Glenbrook payments education events are coming up in early April - both in New York City - we hope to see you there!
- Payments Boot Camp - New York City - April 5-6
- Insight Workshop - New York City - Global Payments - April 7
Bring your colleagues along! Group discounts are available. For more information or to learn about our private workshops conducted at your location, contact Glenbrook's Russ Jones.
UPDATES FROM GLENBROOK
- We're hiring! Passionate about payments? Love solving tough client problems? If that describes you, come join us! Click here to learn more!
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews
Note: Headline News is compiled by Glenbrook Partners. Throughout the day, as we spot interesting developments, this post is updated. Do you have news to share? Tell us here: email@example.com!