On the Web:
- Stanford Joins NYU and Duke in Offering Bitcoin Course - CoinDesk - "The college's new course, Crypto Currencies: Bitcoin and Friends, launches on 21st September. Besides Stanford students, it will be open to professionals completing their graduate certificate in cyber security."
- Next-Gen Cybersecurity Is All About Behavior Recognition - TechCrunch - "Rather than focusing on stopping cybercriminals with walls, new technologies are emerging that work to identify cybercriminals instead. Take the relatively new startup BioCatch, which received $11.6 million in funding over three rounds. BioCatch’s technology works to identify patterns of user behavior in certain applications, creating user profiles that can then be matched to subsequent visits."
On the Wires:
- Bharti Airtel And Uber Announce First-Of-Its-Kind Strategic Partnership - "We are thrilled to announce an innovative collaboration with Bharti Airtel – the largest wireless carrier in India and third largest wireless carrier in the world. Through this partnership, riders in India can pay for their trips with Airtel’s mobile wallet, Airtel Money. Additionally, Mumbaikars will now be the first in India to enjoy free high-speed internet from Uber, powered by Airtel 4G. This service will soon be rolled out for all Uber riders pan India."
- Visa Checkout Expands Global Availability with New Merchants and Issuers - “It’s great to see banks like CMB and SPDB bringing best-in-class enrollment experiences to their customers in China who are eager to shop overseas,” said Senior Vice President of Visa’s Digital Solutions, Sam Shrauger, who recently outlined Visa’s Checkout strategy in a pymnts.com article. “As more merchants and issuers integrate Visa Checkout, the number of consumers seeing the benefit of a faster online checkout experience also grows. We’re starting to see the network effect kick-in.”
- Dailymotion Selects Payoneer for Cross-Border Mass Payouts to Its Global Network of Video Creators - “The global banking infrastructure is complex and expensive. Payoneer has simplified the user experience by removing the limitations that typically surround international money transfers for business,” said Scott Galit, CEO of Payoneer. “We’ve built a broad set of payment capabilities that enable companies like Dailymotion to scale their businesses globally with a single API connection to Payoneer that enables them to make payments in over 200 countries quickly, securely and in local currency.”
- Synchrony Connect Completes Program Rollout with New Portal to Engage Business Partners with Insights and Experience Beyond Credit - "Synchrony Connect offers Synchrony business partners a broad range of Synchrony expertise, insights, and tools in non-credit areas delivered through webinars, one-on-one engagements, consulting projects, multi-client and cross-industry events, and the new online portal."
- POS on Cloud and Clutch Partner to Serve Advanced Customer Solutions to Restaurants and Retailers - "Clutch’s advanced Consumer Management technology will be fully integrated with POS on Cloud’s solution for restaurants and retailers, providing streamlined gift card, loyalty and customer intelligence programs for their merchants. This integration is accessible on mobile and countertop POS terminals and is designed to be streamlined and easy-to-operate in order to maximize the benefits to both merchants and their customers."
- Michael Walsh, Former CEO of CyberSource, Joins Board of Directors of Forter - "Michael Walsh's appointment exemplifies the company's commitment to delivering first-class global e-commerce fraud prevention regardless of the payment type, channel, or device," said Michael Reitblat, Co-Founder & CEO of Forter. "Michael is an expert in merchant payment and fraud management and his unique retailer and consumer experience make Michael a valuable asset to Forter's Board of Directors. We are confident that he will help guide Forter to new heights as we reinforce and expand our leadership position in the e-commerce ecosystem."
- FIS Opens Financial Inclusion Lab in India to Drive Banking Access - "The lab is the first of its kind in India and the seventh FIS lab focused on innovation. It is designed to provide a working, collaborative environment for FIS to cooperate with business leaders, government organizations and NGOs across the country to create and test solutions that will help increase financial literacy for the majority of India’s unbanked population."
Glenbrook's 2015 Payments Education
- Our next Payments Boot Camp session is scheduled for October 13-14 in Palo Alto, California followed by a one-day Insight Workshop on October 15 on the topic of Global Payments.
- If you have questions about our payments education program, please contact Russ Jones for more information.
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews
Note: Headline News is compiled by Glenbrook Partners. Throughout the day, as we spot interesting developments, this post is updated. Do you have news to share? Tell us here: firstname.lastname@example.org!