On the Web:
- ApplePay, NFC, QR (Oh My!) and the New POS - Glenbrook's PaymentsViews.com (Jay DeWitt) - "If you’re a merchant, I think it’s a tough time to be making POS decisions; NFC and contactless seem a no-brainer, but do I bet on QR-code solutions too and spend the extra bucks now?"
- How to Prepare Debit Customers as the EMV Liability Shift Looms - FIS Emerging Payments Strategies - "The consumer should know that EMV is not a bulletproof protection against all debit fraudulent activity. There are still inherent security failures in the system that can be compromised by diligent hackers."
- Banks in U.S. Moving to Chip-Based Debit and Credit Cards - New York Times - "Most big stores are expected to have chip-compatible readers by October 2015. That is when the liability for card fraud that occurs on nonchip terminals will shift away from card-issuing banks, which now bear the brunt of fraud costs, to the merchants."
- Square Now Knows When You're Nearing a Cafe, Will Have Your Order Ready - Gizmodo - "Arrival prediction is part of the latest upgrade, designed to cut your wait time down to as close to zero as possible."
On the Wires:
- Crystal Clear Payments Announces Strategic Alliance With Elan Financial Services - "Crystal Clear Payments is leveraging Elan’s size and long-standing investment in ATM processing technology, program management and client support services, which translates into lower fees for financial institutions."
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Glenbrook's Bitcoin: Basics and Beyond Workshop: Nov 19 in New York City
- Glenbrook's Payments Boot Camps: Oct 21-22 in New York, NY; Dec 9-10 in Palo Alto, CA.
- Money20/20 as become the go-to event in payments... we'll be there in force. The agenda is now available and the event is 90% sold out - if you've been waiting, it's time to register! Use this promo code to register and receive a 20% discount: "GLENBR20"
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews