On the Web
- Microsoft Azure Blockchain as a Service update - Microsoft Azure Blog - "It has been almost a month since we soft launched at the Ethereum DevCon1 in London, and I wanted to provide an update on where we are along with a general roadmap of what is to come."
- Inquiring Minds Want to Know More about Card Fraud - Take on Payments Blog - "As I described in an earlier post, while doing research on expanding card fraud data collection in the Fed's upcoming 2016 triennial payments study, I came across a gap in publicly available detailed fraud data for the United States compared to what is available in other countries."
On the Wires
- RS Software Selected To Deliver Digital Payments Platform - "RS Software Ltd. has been awarded a contract from the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) to build a Digital Payments Platform (DPP) to accommodate the continuing growth of e-commerce and digital payments in India."
- Popularity of Gift Cards Grows in Canada - "Although gift cards have been around for over a decade, they continue to grow in popularity in Canada, and are a top gift choice this holiday season," said Steve Dekker, managing director of Blackhawk Canada. "Our annual gift card survey found that Canadians feel good about giving and receiving gift cards, prefer to purchase them in gift card malls, and are increasingly choosing egifts."
- All Four Fiserv Patents Asserted Against FIS Found to be Unpatentable, all Appeals and Suit Against FIS Dismissed - "In December 2014, the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office’s Patent Trial and Appeal Board ruled that all claims in Fiserv’s asserted patents are unpatentable. The dispute has now been settled, with no monetary payment made or promised by either party. Fiserv will dismiss its appeals of the patent office decisions, and the parties will dismiss the federal district court lawsuit. The patents Fiserv asserted against FIS remain invalid."
- NMI Launches FACe, the Gateway Platform for Payment Facilitators - “FACe effectively negates any need for payment facilitators to build their own technology,” said NMI CEO Roy Banks. “FACe saves payment facilitators the considerable time and capital required to engineer a payment platform from the ground up,” added Banks.
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews
Note: Headline News is compiled by Glenbrook Partners. Throughout the day, as we spot interesting developments, this post is updated. Do you have news to share? Tell us here: firstname.lastname@example.org!