ON THE WEB
- Reflections: Back to the Future - PaymentsViews.com (Scott Loftesness) - "Today, Glenbrook celebrates its 15th birthday. It’s been quite a journey – an amazing one in so many ways – yet it also sometimes feels like we’re still on Day One! There’s so much happening in payments – and, more broadly, in commerce, financial inclusion, and crypto currencies!"
- How the Shift from Swiping to Inserting Cards Will Accelerate Mobile Payments - AdvertisingAge - "I tested out my theory with a local clerk at my favorite retailer who confirmed he is seeing an uptick in mobile payments because it is easier than waiting for the insert process."
- Experian: E-commerce Attack Rates - 2015 E-commerce Attack Rates by State - "Experian analyzed e-commerce fraud attack rates for all of 2015. The map charts e-commerce attack rates (by basis points) for the United States by both shipping and billing locations."
- BAML prepping blockchain-powered trade finance test - Financial News - “A lot of the benefits of blockchain are still being conceived. As we move into live prototyping, we will aim to prove out the business case."
- A Better Way to Control the Banks - New York Times - "Even so, the capital requirements are not strong enough, in part because they do not require banks to fully account for potential losses from the trading of derivatives, a multitrillion-dollar activity."
ON THE WIRES
- American Express Partners with Games for Change to Launch Mobile Game “Save the Park” - “American Express has a long heritage of building community service programs, and we are proud to partner with Games for Change to reimagine volunteer engagement in the digital age,” said Meredith Hahn, vice president, Corporate Social Responsibility, American Express.
GLENBROOK PAYMENTS EDUCATION EVENTS
Our next Glenbrook payments education events are coming up in early April - both in New York City - we hope to see you there!
Bring your colleagues along! Group discounts are available. For more information or to learn about our private workshops conducted at your location, contact Glenbrook's Russ Jones.
UPDATES FROM GLENBROOK
- We're hiring! Passionate about payments? Love solving tough client problems? If that describes you, come join us! Click here to learn more!
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews
Note: Headline News is compiled by Glenbrook Partners. Throughout the day, as we spot interesting developments, this post is updated. Do you have news to share? Tell us here: firstname.lastname@example.org!