On the Web
- The EPC Publishes its Proposal for the Design of an Instant Credit Transfer Scheme: a Major Step in the Development of Pan-European Instant Payments in Euro - European Payments Council - "Anthony Richter, Chair of the European Payments Council (EPC) ad hoc task force on instant payments, highlights the major features of this budding scheme, as well as the next steps to make it a reality."
- For Apple and Venmo, China Shows What Lies Ahead - Wall St. Journal - "China shows the way forward for the adoption of mobile payments, but not yet for their monetization."
- What Makes Blockchain So Disruptive? - Pulse - "The disruptive potential of blockchain, the back-end technology that powers Bitcoin, lies in its ability to radically simplify financial processes."
- Chip-based credit cards are old news; why is the US only rolling them out now? - ArsTechnica - "The EMV standard was first developed in 1994 as a way to reduce magnetic stripe credit card fraud. Most of Europe, as well as Australia, Brazil, and other major countries, has been using EMV for years. So what's taken the US so long? And now that the standard is decades-old, do we even want it anymore?"
On the Wires
- The EPC Submitted to the ERPB its Proposal for the Design of an Instant Credit Transfer Scheme - "The European Payments Council (EPC) proposal for the design of a Single Euro Payments Area (SEPA) instant credit transfer (SCT Inst) scheme was submitted on that day to the Euro Retail Payments Board (ERPB), and approved."
- New GSMA Study Highlights Role of Mobile in Delivering a Digital India - “India is a unique mobile market and one where the mobile ecosystem is playing a hugely influential role in transforming the lives of its citizens, and driving economic growth,” said Alex Sinclair, Acting Director General and Chief Technology Officer at the GSMA. “The market is now rapidly migrating to mobile broadband technology, which is providing a platform for India to transform into a digitally empowered society and connect many millions of unconnected citizens to the internet over the coming years.”
- Five Ways to Keep the Grinch Out of Your Cybershopping: Tips from U.S. Bank Security Coach Jason Witty - US Bank - “It’s important to remember the critical role consumers play when it comes to protecting their personal information and data; they can’t rely on businesses and retailers alone,” said Jason Witty, Chief Information Security Officer at U.S. Bank. “Holiday shopping is fun, but it’s important to always remember the risks involved and take proper precautions.”
Glenbrook's 2015 Payments Education
- Our next Payments Boot Camp session is scheduled for Palo Alto, California on December 1-2 followed by a one-day Insight Workshop on December 3 on the topic of Digital Payments. Registration for both sessions is open and available now.
- If you have questions about our payments education program, please contact Russ Jones for more information.
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews
Note: Headline News is compiled by Glenbrook Partners. Throughout the day, as we spot interesting developments, this post is updated. Do you have news to share? Tell us here: email@example.com!