On the web:
- Remember When Debit Didn’t Need Interchange? - Storefront Backtalk - "Yes, that interchange-free time is ancient history—way back in the 1990s."
- Bitcoin dealers seek official regulation for digital tokens - Guardian - "Robinson said he was optimistic at the end of the meeting about the prospects, but there is no clear timeline for implementation."
- Phenomenal Patent Details Fingerprint Scanner with Advanced NFC Application Built Right Into the Home Button - Patently Apple - "The patent filing details an incredible fingerprint scanner with advanced integrated NFC circuitry that will deliver features that no one saw coming!"
- Apple's Fingerprint Sensor Patent Claims & More Patent Graphics - Patently Apple - "While we're optimistic about this new feature coming to market shortly, you never know what Apple will debut or leave on the table for another day."
- A new idea for kickstarting the QR code payment habit: the gas bill - Mobile Money Revolution - "New UK start-up Zapper thinks it has a better plan: print a barcode on a utility bill."
- So You Bought an iPad for your mobile POS – Now What? - VeriFone Blog - "The clear takeways from the data are: the use of in-store mobility and mobile POS is on the rise. However, once the flashy iPads are purchased, many retailers still feel unsure of what they should do with them after the fact."
- Cofounder Of Square Thinks Finance Is Ripe For More Disruption - Forbes - "Jim McKelvey, who co-founded mobile payment company Square, is making a large bet that more innovation is around the corner in finance..."
On the wires:
- ROAM Announces New Partnership with Merchant Warehouse - "ROAM’s roadmap is at the forefront of the industry and is aligned with what our customers are asking for in mobile payment acceptance technology."
- Electronic Transactions Association Expands Government Affairs Activities - "ETA is significantly enhancing its government affairs operations, including the recently announced formation of the payments industry's first political action committee, the ETA PAC..."
- Digicash Makes Bank Account-Linked Mobile Payments Go Mainstream in Luxembourg - "Payments are made via SEPA Credit Transfers from the payers’ bank accounts using existing interbank channels (STEP2)."
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Join us for our new series of Glenbrook Payments Boot Camps coming this October - 8th/9th in the San Francisco Bay Area and 23rd/24th in New York City!
- Glenbrook's Carol Coye Benson will be speaking at this year's American Bankers Association Annual Convention on October 20-22 in New Orleans. She'll be participating in a panel discussion on The Future of the Payments Industry.
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews