On the Web:
- PayPal co-founder raises $275 million to reinvent credit - "Banks and financial institutions have not created products that serve younger generations in the most efficient way, according to Max Levchin, the co-founder of eBay-owned payments giant PayPal."
- BitBeat: Day After FinCEN Bombshell, Ripple Labs Addresses Concerns - Wall St. Journal - "Even with these clarifications, questions and speculation will continue to percolate around FinCEN’s dramatic action against the second-biggest digital currency in market capitalization terms."
- Visa Moves At The Speed Of Money - Forbes - "None of which seems to faze Visa’s chief executive, Charlie Scharf. In time, he says, would-be Visa disruptors all discover–just as Internet upstarts PayPal, Square and Uber did–that it is simply easier and more economical to work with his leviathan than fight it."
On the Wires:
- EMVCo Reports 3.4 Billion EMV Chip Payment Cards in Global Circulation - "By the end of last year (2014), the number of EMV payment cards in circulation rose by 1 billion, up 43%, to 3.4 billion, from 2.37 billion in Q4 2013."
- First Bankcard Introduces New Features to Mobile App Capabilities, Offering Credit Card Customers Quicker Access to Accounts - “The Passcode functionality allows our mobile credit card users to use a secure four-digit number to log in to their account instead of having to use their username and password,” said Mihaela Kobjerowski, vice president, Customer Management and Digital Solutions. “Once the Passcode is set, customers can view their account information by inputting their four-digit code.”
- Banking with a Fingerprint: First Internet Bank Offers Touch ID to Access Finances - “First Internet Bank is a pioneer in digital banking, with a history of delivering innovative, customer-oriented banking services,” said David Becker, President and CEO of First Internet Bank. “Our customers have come to expect a rich digital banking experience from us. With speed and ease-of-use, Touch ID demonstrates our continued commitment to applying technology and practical design to meet our customers’ needs.”
- Xoom partners with Sampath Bank to launch Instant Money Transfer Service to Sri Lanka - “Sampath Bank is very proud to announce its partnership with Xoom,” said Mr. Kusal De Silva, Senior Manager of Remittances at Sampath Bank. “This is yet another step by the bank to provide an even more convenient service for its customers. Through our collaboration with Xoom, families in the U.S. can send money to their loved ones in Sri Lanka instantly and safely.”
Glenbrook's 2015 Payments Education
- Our next spring Payments Boot Camp session is scheduled for May 19-20 in Menlo Park, California followed by a one-day Insight Workshop on May 21 on the topic of The New Point of Sale.
- If you have questions about our payments education program, please contact Carol Coye Benson for more information.
- Click here to share PaymentsNews with a friend
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews