On the Web:
- PayPal Co-Founder Takes Aim at Credit Card Industry With New Startup - TIME - "You have to have a credit card. You have to use it. You are going to get screwed and you know it."
- Let's Talk Token, Part II: Distinguishing Attributes - Portals and Rails - "Tokenization efforts and standards will continue to evolve as tokenization may play a critical role in mitigating payment risk in the future."
- Mastercard Part Of $14 Million Financing For Biometrics Startup - St. Louis Business Journal - "Bionym’s biometric technology, which mainly focus’ on authentication technology for consumer electronics, is being used by MasterCard to help authenticate its customers’ payments via things like their heartbeat."
- Payment Network Dwolla Picks Up A Strategic $9.7M Led By CME Group - TechCrunch - "The investment is significant because it opens the door wider for Dwolla’s enterprise activity, and the idea of using its platform as the backend for transactions elsewhere — for example in CME’s own exchanges."
- Credit Karma Tops $1 Billion Valuation For Personal-Finance Tools - WSJ - "Credit Karma Chief Executive Ken Lin described the company as “Expedia for financial services products,” recalling a time when it was difficult for travelers to book a trip online with confidence they were getting a good deal."
- Use Of Bitcoin Continues To Grow - Yakima Herald Republic - "41 million accounts now using the digital currency."
- General Catalyst Commits $10M To Startups In Stripe’s Payments Ecosystem - TechCrunch - "The first of these investments is getting announced today: $500,000 in Baremetrics, a company that provides analytics around Stripe-based payments."
On the Wires:
- Bank of America Begins Rollout of EMV-enabled Debit Cards
- Softcard Enables Mobile Payments For Laundry Machines
- VeriFone Enables Delivery of Elavon Loyalty Solution at Point of Sale
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Join Elizabeth McQueery and Manfred Schuck for Glenbrook's Payments in Europe Workshop - Oct 9 in Palo Alto, CA
- Glenbrook Payments Boot Camps: Oct 7-8 in Palo Alto, CA.; Oct 21-22 in New York City; Dec 9-10 in Palo Alto, CA.
- Money20/20 has become the go-to event in payments. We'll be there in force... will you? Use this promo code to register "GLENBR20"
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews