On the web:
- Want Fries with that? Now Grab Them and Go at McDonald’s…by Paying with PayPal - "What’s even cooler (to us, at least) than ordering on your way to McDonald’s and grabbing your fries to go, is that you can pay with PayPal!"
- Feds arrest ATM thieves after discovering $800,000 stuffed in a suitcase ArsTechnica - "Federal authorities have arrested five more men accused of taking part in a 21st-century bank heist that siphoned a whopping $45 million out of ATMs around the world in a matter of hours."
- Same-Day Delivery from Costco now available on Google Shopping Express - Google Commerce Blog - "Just in time for Thanksgiving, Costco members in the San Francisco Bay Area can now get their favorite items delivered same-day with Google Shopping Express."
- Voice--the credit card, not the TV show - Credit Slips - "A new credit card, called "Voice" from Huntington Bank, is innovating in the credit card space. While the pros and cons of rewards are debatable ..., the marketing and design of the Voice card are intriguing."
- World’s Largest Bitcoin Exchange BTC China Gets $5m in Funding - CoinDesk - "The world’s largest-volume bitcoin exchange, BTC China, received a lift today with $5 million in Series A venture funding from institutional investors Lightspeed China Partners and Lightspeed Venture Partners."
- Bitcoin to Congress: Back Off - Foreign Policy - "Bitcoin's representatives are appearing before Congress this week for a first-ever series of hearings into the crypto-currency."
- Bitcoin makes a pitch for 'safe and sane' regulation - USA Today - "Patrick Murck, general counsel for the Bitcoin Foundation, will appear before the Senate Homeland Security Committee for the first congressional hearing on virtual currency."
- Bitcoin Comes to Washington: Monday’s Hearing Is Just The Beginning - Time (Swampland) - "Though the session promises to look at all virtual currencies, it will primarily focus on bitcoin, the crypto-currency used by the Silk Web, according to advance testimony given to TIME."
On the wires:
- Acculynk, With UnionPay Launch, Solidifies Standing as Global PIN Debit Authentication Gateway - "Acculynk, the first global PIN-debit authentication gateway, is now offering U.S. merchants the capability to accept China’s Union Pay PIN debit cards on their Chinese websites using the PaySecure International graphical PIN pad for UPOP authentication."
- PayPal Awards $100,000 Battle Hack Prize to Team Moscow for Donate Now App - "Donate Now uses Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) technology and PayPal to allow anyone to instantly donate to a cause in the moment without filling in lengthy forms right from their mobile devices, whenever and wherever they see an opportunity for giving in their daily lives."
- Discover Provides Free FICO® Scores to Discover it Cardmembers on Their Monthly Statements - "Discover is the first major credit card issuer to provide free FICO® Scores directly to its cardmembers on their monthly statements."
- First Data Releases October 2013 SpendTrend® Analysis - "Dollar volume growth in October was 6.8%, a healthy uptick from last month’s growth of 5.3% despite the political strife in Washington."
- Cleartouch Bank Platform from Fiserv Selected by Multiple Financial Institutions for Real-Time, End-to-End Capabilities - "Cleartouch is an integrated, end-to-end solution that delivers real-time capabilities to financial institutions across the country."
- VeriFone Helps Merchants Meet Growing Consumer Demand for Quick, Self-Service Payments - “Reports show that more than half of consumers are willing to shop at fully automated self-service stores and prefer self-checkout stations in order to avoid waiting in line,” said Bill Nelson, executive vice president, Global Product Management and Services, VeriFone.
- First Data Certifies NCR APTRA Interactive Teller - "APTRA Interactive Teller gives a live teller remote control of an ATM to conduct two way audio/video transactions with customers."
- Datacard Group and Barnes International Partner to Offer Customers the Convenience of Verifying Smart Cards in an Automated Way - "Before this integration, issuers could use a standalone offline Barnes CPT machine in which they could manually check each smart card to ensure it was EMV compliant."
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Looking for consulting help from Glenbrook? Let us know your needs here - and we'll get right back to you!
- Join Glenbrook's Carol Coye Benson and Scott Loftesness for our Glenbrook Payments Boot Camp on December 10-11th in Palo Alto, California!
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews