On the Web:
- Tim Cook 'very bullish' on bringing Apple Pay to China, talks with Alibaba and UnionPay underway - iMore.com - Speaking to China's Xinhua news agency, Tim Cook said: "We very much want to get Apple Pay in China. I'm very bullish on Apple Pay in China."
- Measuring opportunities for digital payments in the developing world - Quartz - "For account use to increase, governments and the private sector must make upfront investments in payments infrastructure and guarantee a reliable and consistent digital payment experience."
- Xiaomi is taking on Alibaba and Tencent by launching its own bank - Quartz - "Xiaomi’s strategy is to build devices and services around a common ecosystem to encourage users to go all-in on Xiaomi’s products, which now include banking."
- Companies Under-Insure for Cyber Risk as Breach Costs Rise - Wall St. Journal Risk and Compliance - "Fewer than one in five respondents said their companies have cyberinsurance coverage, but over half said they expect their exposure to cyber risk will grow over the next two years."
- Google Moves Its Corporate Applications to the Internet - Wall St. Journal - "Using authentication, authorization and encryption, the model grants employees fine-grained access to different enterprise resources, wrote Google’s Rory Ward and Betsy Beyer in a paper published in December."
- Credit Monitoring And Debt Management Service Credit Sesame Raises $16 Million - TechCrunch - "The company ... was one of the first to market with solutions that allow consumers to monitor their credit and score, protect themselves against identity theft, and reduce their debt through credit and loan management services."
On the Wires:
- Chase Expands Chip Technology to Debit Cards and ATMs to Help Protect Consumers and Businesses - “Fraud and security threats facing consumer payments today is a complex issue that can’t be solved with any single technology,” said Gordon Smith, CEO of Chase Consumer and Community Banking. “We’re working to employ a variety of approaches to protect our customers – adopting chip technology is a critical step on this journey.”
- Early Warning and NCR to Enable Cross-Institution Real-time Good Funds Network - "Early Warning’s good funds network will facilitate communication among financial institutions, giving a participating depositing bank a real-time guarantee for check and ACH transactions and will support both credit push and debit models. As a result, customers will receive faster availability of funds on deposited items and instant notification of items presented for deposit – all based on real-time activity."
- Stratos Unveils Digital Card Issuance Platform at Finovate - “Stratos is reinventing the wallet. Just as consumers have migrated their music collections into digital formats such as iTunes, so too are cardholders now compressing what goes into their wallet,” said Thiago Olson, co-founder and CEO of Stratos.
Glenbrook's 2015 Payments Education
- Our next spring Payments Boot Camp session is scheduled for May 19-20 in Menlo Park, California followed by a one-day Insight Workshop on May 21 on the topic of The New Point of Sale.
- If you have questions about our payments education program, please contact Carol Coye Benson for more information.
- Click here to share PaymentsNews with a friend
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews