On the Web:
- Countering Operation Choke Point, Acquirers Canceled 10,000 Fraudulent Merchants - Digital Transactions - "The survey results and recent ETA guidelines for underwriting and managing so-called high-risk merchants are meant to counter pressure from the U.S. Department of Justice’s Operation Choke Point..."
On the Wires:
- Apple and IBM Forge Global Partnership to Transform Enterprise Mobility - "The companies will collaborate to build IBM MobileFirst for iOS Solutions—a new class of “made-for-business apps” targeting specific industry issues or opportunities in retail, healthcare, banking, travel and transportation, telecommunications and insurance, among others, that will become available starting this fall and into 2015."
- ETA Statement on House Financial Services Choke Point Hearing - "Payments companies are a better partner than a target in the fight against fraud, and it is disheartening to see federal law enforcement aiming in the wrong direction."
- First Data Introduces Perka™ Mobile Loyalty Solution for SMB Merchants - "Acquired by First Data last October, Perka, now a wholly-owned subsidiary, was named one of 2013’s most innovative companies by Fast Company. It helps SMB owners maintain profitable and long-term relationships with their customers by providing a sustainable and highly personalized incentive program."
- ProPay® Launches TSYS Guardian CyberShieldSM in Partnership with ThreatMetrix® to Provide Advanced Fraud Prevention Solutions - “While many businesses are challenged with determining whether or not an online transaction, account login or other activity is fraudulent, The Network provides TSYS Guardian CyberShield the capability to identify high-risk transactions in real time without disrupting the online experience of trusted customers,” said Bert Rankin, chief marketing officer of ThreatMetrix.
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Glenbrook Payments Boot Camps: Aug 5-6 in San Jose, CA.; Oct 7-8 in Palo Alto, CA.; Oct 21-22 in New York City; Dec 9-10 in Palo Alto, CA.
- Money2020 has become the go-to event in payments. We'll be there in force... will you? Use this promo code to register "GLENBR20"
- The Kindle edition of our book "Payments Systems in the U.S. - Second Edition" - is now available in the Kindle Store as well as in an iBooks version for your iPad or Mac in the iBooks Store.
- Feedback: How are we doing for you? I'd love to hear from you - drop me a quick note: firstname.lastname@example.org or leave me a voicemail: +1.650.469.3421.
- Got news? Please forward press releases to: email@example.com.
- Need consulting help from Glenbrook for one of your payments projects? Let us know your needs here - and we'll get right back to you!
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews