On the Web:
- Apple Pay now used by nearly 800,000 Bank of America customers - iMore.com - "The company announced today that nearly 800,000 of its customers have used Apple's payment service since it launched in October, and those users have added about 1.1 million cards."
- Three Key Apple Patents Detail Apple Pay and Touch ID Systems - Patently Apple - "The patent filings meticulously detail how the system will work with making future banking transactions or at current participating retailers and for purchasing apps and other digital media online via the App Store, iTunes and future online stores."
- Mobile Payment Unintended Consequences (or How I Locked Myself Out of the House, Again) - PaymentsViews.com (Erin McCune) - "I hate carrying a purse, and would simply slip my phone in my pocket and head out. Absolutely bliss. Yes, I am that person who really needs a mobile wallet."
- PayPal Here Adds Windows Support, Will Launch An EMV Card Reader Later This Year - TechCrunch - "The PayPal Here card reader, PayPal’s hardware device that lets merchants accept credit and debit card payments through a dongle attached to their iOS or Android device, is being updated with support for EMV and contactless transactions..."
- Xapo Launches Suite of New Security Features; Announces Xapo Vault Now Free of Charge - Xapo Blog - "Today, Xapo is the world’s only bitcoin company to offer deep cold storage, a security architecture in which users’ private keys are never exposed to the internet."
On the Wires:
- Lucky, Save Mart & FoodMaxx Now Accept Apple Pay - “Expect new things in our stores this year—the first of which is Apple Pay. We are working diligently to transform the shopping experience for our customers and this cutting-edge technology will help to speed them through checkout,” explained Nicole Piccinini Pesco, Co-President & Chief Strategy and Branding Officer.
- Yodlee Interactive Now Powers 80 Digital Financial Solutions for Small Businesses, Pioneering Financial Growth for Businesses Worldwide - "Yodlee Interactive's 80 partners in the small business space join hundreds of other companies in other sectors that leverage Yodlee's APIs to build innovative FinDat solutions across a range of verticals."
- MoneyPass Partners with Monitise to Offer Mobile Card Services - “MoneyPass cardholders are looking for easy, straightforward ways to manage their money. Mobile is a critical channel to help meet this need,” said Troy Cullen, President of Elan. “Through our participating financial institutions, we want to give cardholders access to a premium mobile card services experience that is both easy to use and secure.”
Glenbrook's 2015 Payments Education Schedule Now Available!
- Our payments education schedule for this year is now available. Our spring Payments Boot Camp sessions begin in Menlo Park, CA on March 3-4 followed by New York City on April 14-15. We're also holding two one-day Insight Workshops this spring - B2B Payments on March 5 in Menlo Park and Payments for the Unbanked on April 16 in New York City.
- If you have questions about our payments education program, please contact Carol Coye Benson for more information.
- Click here to share PaymentsNews with a friend
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews