Glenbrook's 2015 Payments Education Schedule Now Available!
- Our payments education schedule for this year is now available. Our spring Payments Boot Camp sessions begin in Menlo Park, CA on March 3-4 followed by New York City on April 14-15. We're also holding two one-day Insight Workshops this spring - B2B Payments on March 5 in Menlo Park and Payments for the Unbanked on April 16 in New York City.
- If you have questions about our payments education program, please contact Carol Coye Benson for more information.
On the Web:
- U.S. Consumers' Holdings and Use of $100 Bills - Federal Reserve Bank of Boston - "Conventional wisdom asserts that $100 bills are often associated with crime and foreign cash holdings, leading some commentators to call for their elimination; in light of this proposal, it is useful to examine the legal, domestic use of cash. This report uses new data from the 2012 Diary of Consumer Payment Choice (DCPC) to evaluate consumer use of $100 bills as a means of payment."
- Block Chain 2.0: The Renaissance of Money - Wired - "So for the uninitiated who have not yet grasped what Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies are, you ought to catch up. This is not something that should be ignored and there is a vast array of resources that explain the concept."
- ICICI Bank launches contactless debit & credit cards - Economic Times - "The bank has introduced these two cards in Mumbai, Hyderabad and Gurgaon to begin with and it has installed over 1,200 PoS machines capable of accepting contactless payments in these cities."
On the Wires:
- MasterCard Presents All Time Top 15 Innovations We Won’t Miss in 2015 - "We feel next on this list should be cash. It is expensive to produce, inefficient and not to mention, dirty. Technology and innovation are making paying for things more convenient and more secure. Will 2015 be the year we say goodbye to cash?"
- Dynamics Inc. and MasterCard Introduce New Interactive Payment Cards With Significant Security Features to Provide Cardholders Peace-of-Mind - “Consumers rely heavily on payment cards and they can now be reassured that their cards will have increased security to protect their money and personal information,” said Jeff Mullen, Chief Executive Officer, Dynamics. “Dynamics technology enables MasterCard issuers to provide their cardholders with first-of-its-kind safeguards to ensure that only authorized cardholders have the ability to use a payment card, whether that transaction is in-store or online.”
- Many Americans Believe They Are Leaving Money on the Table When It Comes to Their Personal Finances - "Roughly half of all Americans believe they are “leaving money on the table” with their personal finances, and the majority want rewards for the transactions they already make every day, in particular for “responsible” behaviors, according to the Bank of America Preferred Rewards Consumer Study."
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews