ON THE WEB
- Capital One Launches First True Open Banking Platform in U.S. - ProgrammableWeb - "Demonstrating their desire for street cred and aiming to appeal to developers directly, the announcement was made at SXSW in Austin, Texas yesterday."
- Should Venmo buy a bank? - Quartz - "For PayPal—which declined to comment—or its Venmo subsidiary, a bank would bring the ability to offer a wider range of financial products to customers."
- A typo costs bank hackers nearly $1B - ArsTechnica - "Bank officials stated that transactions totaling $850 million to $870 million were canceled. The $81 million that was successfully transferred has not been recovered, and the perpetrators are currently unknown."
ON THE WIRES
- Visa Checkout Introduces New Interactive Button for Faster Mobile Commerce - “Visa Checkout’s new interactive button is yet another way we are designing the future of online checkout and delivering on our promise to bring the simplicity of the swipe to any device,” said Sam Shrauger, senior vice president of Visa’s digital solutions. “This new experience brings digital payments one step closer to the ease, trust and familiarity that consumers have long valued from Visa in the physical world.”
GLENBROOK PAYMENTS EDUCATION EVENTS
Our next Glenbrook payments education events are coming up in early April - both in New York City - we hope to see you there!
- Payments Boot Camp - New York City - April 5-6
- Insight Workshop - New York City - Global Payments - April 7
Bring your colleagues along! Group discounts are available. For more information or to learn about our private workshops conducted at your location, contact Glenbrook's Russ Jones.
UPDATES FROM GLENBROOK
- We're hiring! Passionate about payments? Love solving tough client problems? If that describes you, come join us! Click here to learn more!
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews
Note: Headline News is compiled by Glenbrook Partners. Throughout the day, as we spot interesting developments, this post is updated. Do you have news to share? Tell us here: email@example.com!