On the Web:
- Exclusive: IBM looking at adopting bitcoin technology for major currencies - Reuters - "The company has been in informal discussions about a blockchain-tied cash system with a number of central banks, including the U.S. Federal Reserve, the source said."
- Is Bitcoin's Merchant Appeal Fading? - CoinBase - "Those contacted by CoinDesk all agreed that, after months of grabbing the lion's share of headlines, big merchant announcements have been "tapering off" for bitcoin."
- India’s Top Mobile Wallet App Adds Support For Payments To Bank Accounts - TechCrunch - "Paytm, a India-based mobile payments service operated by (now) Alibaba-backed One97, has introduced a big new feature that lets 25 million users transfer money to bank accounts."
- Samsung Pay: An Early Examination of Security - Kaspersky Blog - "It remains unclear how the coming integration of the more secure Chip and PIN technologies will impact the deployment of a technology that relies on magnetic stripe readers."
On the Wires:
- CyberSource Invited to Join China's Anti-Information Fraud Society to Ensure a Safe eCommerce Environment for Chinese Consumers - "CyberSource will be able to share its expertise to create better awareness in the eCommerce market of fraud management and related topics, as well as potential solutions."
Glenbrook's 2015 Payments Education Update!
- Our payments education schedule for 2015 is now available. Our next spring Payments Boot Camp session is scheduled for New York City on April 14-15. We're also holding a one-day Insight Workshop on April 16 following the New York Boot Camp on the topic of Faster Payments.
- If you have questions about our payments education program, please contact Carol Coye Benson for more information.
- Click here to share PaymentsNews with a friend
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews