On the Web:
- Introducing Dwolla Direct - "We believe speed and convenience aren’t luxuries, they’re necessities. That’s why we’re proud to introduce Dwolla Direct, a new payment experience that allows individuals or organizations to send money to a business directly from their bank or credit union without requiring an existing Dwolla account or linked bank."
- What MasterCard is doing to stay innovative: Ed Glassman - Technically Brooklyn - "“You might see a piece of plastic and think that’s the business, but we see it entirely differently than that,” Glassman said in his talk.
- Financial Engineering Program at UC Berkeley Hosting Bitcoin Roundtable Today - NewsBTC - "Several industry leaders in the bitcoin landscape are slated to meet up today at the Haas School of Business at the University of California, Berkeley to discuss the future of bitcoin and digital currency."
- Oracle’s reported $5B acquisition of Micros firms up its reach into the hospitality industry - VentureBeat - "The legacy database giant is close to paying more than $5 billion for publicly traded Micros Systems, which sells hardware and software for use in hotels, restaurants, stores, and back-office facilities, Bloomberg reported today."
On the Wires:
- Introducing Fire, the First Smartphone Designed by Amazon - "Fire is the only smartphone with Dynamic Perspective and Firefly, two new breakthrough technologies that allow you to see and interact with the world through a whole new lens."
- CyberSource and Amadeus Partner to Help Travel Organizations Optimize Fraud Management Operations Across Booking Channels - "The agreement brings an integrated travel reservation and fraud management solution to airlines, travel agencies and other travel organizations worldwide."
- The NACHA Internet Council Meeting Explores Innovations in Mobile and Online Authentication - "Authentify President and CEO Peter Tapling will join Sebastien Taveau, chief evangelist for Synaptics, and W. Avery Miller, payments capabilities manager for Capital One, to discuss these challenges at the NACHA Internet Council Meeting this week."
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Glenbrook Payments Boot Camps: Aug 5-6 in San Jose, CA.; Oct 7-8 in Palo Alto, CA.; Oct 21-22 in New York City; Dec 9-10 in Palo Alto, CA.
- Glenbrook Payments Insights Workshops: Bitcoin: Basics and Beyond, June 25 in New York City.
- The Kindle edition of our book "Payments Systems in the U.S. - Second Edition" - is now available in the Kindle Store as well as in an iBooks version for your iPad or Mac in the iBooks Store.
- Feedback: How are we doing for you? I'd love to hear from you - drop me a quick note: email@example.com or leave me a voicemail: +1.650.469.3421.
- Got news? Please forward press releases to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Need consulting help from Glenbrook for one of your payments projects? Let us know your needs here - and we'll get right back to you!
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews