On the Web:
- Apple Pay takes to the skies via JetBlue - USA Today - "JetBlue is the first airline to accept Apple Pay at 35,000 feet. It almost certainly won't be the last."
- Bitnet Partnership Opens Up 250 Airlines to Bitcoin Payments - CoinDesk - "The integration allows UATP’s network of over 250 airlines to accept bitcoin through Bitnet starting today."
- Streamlining the Lowly Wallet in a Digital Age - New York Times - "Since 2011, hundreds of wallet projects have successfully found backing on Kickstarter. They include wallets made out of titanium, carbon fiber, fire hose canvas, recycled bicycle tubes..."
- Poll: When Will Your Organization Move to Chip-Based Cards? - FICO Blog - "45% of poll respondents indicated that they do not have a specific launch date in mind (they are working carefully on infrastructure). 18% of poll respondents are simply unsure what their plan of action is."
On the Wires:
- Early Warning Launches Proactive Solution to Combat Tax Refund Fraud - "The biggest challenges tax agencies face in fighting tax refund fraud are resource issues and reliable technology needed to spot fraud," said David Barnhardt, Early Warning's vice president of Product Management. "However, the AOA for Government solution suite helps tax agencies quickly determine if a tax refund is legitimate, therefore preventing the issuance of refunds to identity thieves and fraudsters.”
- Mozido Extends Reach into Great China Through Acquisition of PayEase Corp - “China is an important geography in Mozido’s mission of providing the world with easy and accessible mobile financial services, and the addition of PayEase Corp positions Mozido as the leading U.S. financial services provider to have operations inside of China,” said Michael Liberty, Mozido founder and Chairman of Global Strategic Initiatives.
- Visa Showcases Connected Commerce at Mobile World Congress 2015 - "At Mobile World Congress next month (March 2-5, Hall 6, stand D40) in Barcelona, Spain, Visa will unveil its latest mobile payment services and demonstrate how a world connected by commerce – far beyond just phones and tablets – is transforming the way people shop, pay and get paid."
Glenbrook's 2015 Payments Education Schedule Now Available!
- Our payments education schedule for this year is now available. Our spring Payments Boot Camp sessions begin in Menlo Park, CA on March 3-4 followed by New York City on April 14-15. We're also holding two one-day Insight Workshops this spring - B2B Payments on March 5 in Menlo Park and Payments for the Unbanked on April 16 in New York City.
- If you have questions about our payments education program, please contact Carol Coye Benson for more information.
- Click here to share PaymentsNews with a friend
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews