On the Web:
- INSIGHT-JPMorgan uses its might to cut costs in credit card market - Reuters UK - "Longer term, the deal with Visa will allow Chase to corral more information about what its customers are up to, said Mike Passilla, the Chase executive running this effort, in an interview."
- Report: Contactless payments will grow by 100% in 2015 - Fortune - "Thanks to Apple’s mobile payments push, Apple Pay, contactless payments are on the rise, according to a new report issued from market researcher Juniper Research."
On the Wires:
- Visa ordered to pay $18 million penalty for anti-competitive conduct following ACCC action - "The Federal Court has ordered Visa Worldwide Pte Ltd (Visa Worldwide) to pay a pecuniary penalty of $18 million for engaging in anti-competitive conduct, in proceedings brought by the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission."
- eBay Marks 20 Years as Vibrant Global Marketplace, Introduces New App Experience to Discover Great Value and Unique Selection - "What began as one software programmer’s hobby in 1995, eBay is now one of the world’s best marketplaces with 157 million active buyers, 25 million sellers and over 800 million items for sale at any given time."
Glenbrook's 2015 Payments Education
- Our next Payments Boot Camp session is scheduled for October 13-14 in Palo Alto, California followed by a one-day Insight Workshop on October 15 on the topic of Global Payments.
- If you have questions about our payments education program, please contact Russ Jones for more information.
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews
Note: Headline News is compiled by Glenbrook Partners. Throughout the day, as we spot interesting developments, this post is updated. Do you have news to share? Tell us here: email@example.com!