On the web:
- Bitcoin and M-Pesa: Why money in Kenya has gone digital - CoinDesk - "No matter what you think about it, bitcoin is great for starting a debate on where digital money is heading."
- More discussion about the use of cash - Tomorrow's Transactions blog - "If you look at the UK figures, you will see (as with comparable European figures) that the bulk of the growth in cash in circulation is in large denomination notes. These are not used in retail transactions..."
- First Look: Moven Bank's Online Application - NetBanker - "Bottom line: Going in, my expectations were high. And Moven still exceeded them. This was a near-perfect signup process as far as I was concerned."
- Shop and save with Google Wallet on popular Android apps and mobile sites - Google Commerce blog - "Now you can make purchases on popular Android apps and mobile sites in as few as two clicks — just look for the 'Buy with Google' button at checkout."
On the wires:
- First Data Releases June 2013 SpendTrend® Analysis - "Year-over-year dollar volume growth was 7.1% in June, compared to May’s 6.0% growth."
- U.S. Bank First to Offer SAP Consolidated Payables Link - "U.S. Bank today announced the availability of a payment application that enables clients to integrate their enterprise resource planning (ERP) software from SAP AG with U.S. Bank’s payment origination services."
- Cryptomathic Enables Secure Issuing of Payment Applications to MasterCard and Visa Mobile Wallets - "The extended functionality of CardInk allows users to generate the personalisation data for mobile wallet credentials and to securely issue NFC payment applications to smartphones, using the same systems as when issuing physical payment cards."
- payvia Brings Carrier Billing Mobile Payments to Emerging Markets Through a Partnership with Mobile-XL - "Mobile-XL is directly connected to leading carriers including Orange, MTN, Vodafone, Etisalat, Idea and Airtel..."
- C-SAM Secures Industry Veterans Kurt Weiss and Conrad Sheehan for Executive Team - "...industry veterans Kurt Weiss and Conrad Sheehan have joined the company as managing director of global financial institutions and vice president and general manager of strategic initiatives, respectively."
Upcoming from Glenbrook:
- Summer Camp! - A special summer session of our popular Payments Boot Camp - in Half Moon Bay on August 6th and 7th... Also, an optional half day course on Data In Payments - August 8th, also in Half Moon Bay. Join Carol, Scott and Russ for lively, interactive sessions - register now!
- Follow Glenbrook Partners on LinkedIn! -