On the Web:
- Payments on Fire Podcast #10 – On Faster Payments in the US - PaymentsViews.com (Carol Coye Benson) - "In this interview with Glenbrook’s founding partner Carol Coye Benson, we discuss the prospects for a faster payments system in the US."
- Wells Fargo Enticing Users to Try Apple Pay With $10-$20 Credits - MacRumors - "In an effort to encourage users to adopt Apple Pay, Wells Fargo has just launched a program offering credits of up to $20 just for trying out the service."
- Credorax Raises $40 Million To Become A Payment Acquirer For The Internet Age - TechCrunch - "The last round, a $40 million investment including the new backer Columbus Nova Technology Partners and previous investor Blumberg Capital, followed a previous $40 million round raised last August from FTV Capital."
- Apple Pay Is Disabled by Rite Aid and CVS as a Rival Makes Plans - New York Times - "Analysts said disabling acceptance of Apple Pay was a way to favor a rival system that is not yet available but is being developed by a consortium of merchants known as Merchant Customer Exchange, or MCX."
- On the brewing battle between Apple Pay and CurrentC - The Loop - "Both Apple Pay and CurrentC are backed by powerful market forces."
- Why WalMart’s decision to disable NFC to fight Apple Pay will backfire - PandoDaily - "The move by CVS, Rite Aid, WalMart and other MCX merchants to eliminate support for NFC payment is an act of fear, rather than strength."
On the Wires:
- ETA Statement Regarding the Recent Decision by CVS and Rite Aid to Block Mobile Payments Services - "The decision by CVS and Rite Aid to block mobile payments services like Apple Pay, Google Wallet, and Softcard is anti-consumer and anti-competitive."
- Vantiv and VeriFone Launch “Secure Your Future Today” Campaign - “The future is now,” said Donald Boeding, president of merchant services at Vantiv. “And that means merchants of all sizes require terminals that support a broad range of current and future payment technologies. Together, with our campaign partner VeriFone, we will be able to help thousands of merchants upgrade their payment hardware so they can quickly support vital technologies like Apple Pay and EMV.”
Updates from Glenbrook:
- The next session of Glenbrook's Payments Boot Camp will be held Dec 9-10 in Palo Alto, CA. Join us!
- Glenbrook's Bitcoin: Basics and Beyond Workshop will be held Nov 19 in New York City
- Money20/20 as become the go-to event in payments... we'll be there in force. The agenda is now available and the event is 90% sold out - if you've been waiting, it's time to register! Use this promo code to register and receive a 20% discount: "GLENBR20"
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews