ON THE WEB
- Mary Meeker's Internet Trends for 2016 - Kleiner Perkins
- Rewards Can Be an FI’s Secret to Success - TMG Blog - "Rewards cardholders drive more than 64 percent higher profits."
- Cashless in India: 50 days’ journey of a fintech professional - Financial Express - "Cashless leads to greater benefits to the excluded then the included, So when you go cashless you impact life’s in more ways than you can imagine."
- Congress Launches Inquiry Into N.Y. Fed Handling of Bank of Bangladesh Cyberheist - Wall St. Journal - "The chairman of the House Committee on Science, Space and Technology has asked New York Fed officials to brief the committee on its handling of the security breach."
- Biometrics seek to kill pesky passwords - FT.com - "Pindrop, an Atlanta-based cyber security start-up, has built a business analysing voices to prevent phone fraud, monitoring 360m calls to banks, insurers and retailers each year."
- R3 Publishes Vitalik Buterin Report on Ethereum for Banks - CoinDesk - "R3CEV has released a new report evaluating how the alternative blockchain platform Ethereum could be used by banks engaged in consortium and private blockchain initiatives."
- A16Z, USV Lead $1.5 Million Round for Blockchain Startup Mediachain - CoinDesk - "The funding comes four months after the launch of Mediachain’s core product, a metadata protocol that envisions content creators timestamping their work to the bitcoin blockchain while also storing it with the InterPlanetary File System (IPFS)."
- Salesforce buys Demandware for $2.8B, taking a big step into e-commerce - TechCrunch - “With Demandware, Salesforce will be well positioned to deliver the future of commerce as part of our Customer Success Platform and create yet another billion dollar cloud.”
ON THE WIRES
- Global Payments and CaixaBank Finalize Joint Venture with Erste Group in Central and Eastern Europe - "Global Payments Inc. ... and CaixaBank ... announced today the completion of the formation of a joint venture with Erste Group Bank AG (Erste Group), a leading financial services provider in Central and Eastern Europe (CEE), to provide merchant acquiring and payment services in the Czech Republic, Slovakia and Romania."
- FICO Drives More Predictive Credit Scoring with FICO® Auto Score 9 XT Based on TransUnion CreditVision® Data - "We've worked with TransUnion on a score that examines the way a consumer's behavior is evolving. This helps creditworthy consumers qualify for the best credit terms available to them, and helps auto lenders expand their portfolios safely by making more precise decisions about loan terms."
PAYMENTS IN PORTLAND
- Join us for the next Payments in Portland (Oregon) event being held on Tuesday, June 7th. Details here!
GLENBROOK PAYMENTS EDUCATION EVENTS
Our next Glenbrook payments education events are coming this fall - in Palo Alto, CA and New York City - we hope to see you there!
- Payments Boot Camp - Palo Alto - October 11-12
- Insight Workshop - Palo Alto - Data in Payments - October 13
Bring your colleagues along! Group discounts are available. For more information or to learn about our private workshops conducted at your location, contact Glenbrook's Russ Jones.
UPDATES FROM GLENBROOK
- We're hiring! Passionate about payments? Love solving tough client problems? If that describes you, come join us! Click here to learn more!
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews
Note: Headline News is compiled by Glenbrook Partners. Throughout the day, as we spot interesting developments, this post is updated. Do you have news to share? Tell us here: firstname.lastname@example.org!