On the Web
- Square's Roadshow Video
- Beyond Banking: under attack on all sides - FT.com - "In the first of a three-part series, the FT looks at the turmoil and decline of the banking industry."
- U.S. announces charges in JPMorgan hacking case - Reuters - "Tuesday's charges are the first tied to the JPMorgan attack, which compromised information in 83 million customer accounts in what prosecutors called the largest theft of customer data from a U.S. financial institution."
- Banks Should Prepare For The Internet Of Things - TechCrunch - "Paired with the promise of smart contracts, banks could be able to deliver credit and loans at a much lower cost, as well as give existing loan officers efficient tools when reviewing credit portfolios."
On the Wires
- £250,000 Faster Payments Open for Business - "Banks and building societies can enable their customers to send Faster Payments of up to £250,000 per payment from today (Tuesday 10 November 2015), following an increase to the scheme limit announced by Faster Payments Scheme Limited (FPSL)."
- U.S. Bank Launches First Mobile Payment App for General Aviation - "Private and business aviation pilots can now pay for fueling and services directly from their phones with a new app from U.S. Bank Multi Service Aviation. MSA Pay, which went live this week, is the first mobile payment app in the general aviation space, designed specifically for the ordering, payment and back office needs of pilots."
- U.S. News & World Report Releases the Best Credit Cards Rankings - "U.S. News & World Report, a nationally recognized publisher of consumer advice and information, has released a Best Credit Cards web portal to help the estimated 167 million American adults who have a credit card make smarter decisions about which ones to include in their wallet."
Glenbrook's 2015 Payments Education
- Our next Payments Boot Camp session is scheduled for Palo Alto, California on December 1-2 followed by a one-day Insight Workshop on December 3 on the topic of Digital Payments. Registration for both sessions is open and available now.
- If you have questions about our payments education program, please contact Russ Jones for more information.
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews
Note: Headline News is compiled by Glenbrook Partners. Throughout the day, as we spot interesting developments, this post is updated. Do you have news to share? Tell us here: firstname.lastname@example.org!