On the Web:
- Layoffs Hit Softcard, the Mobile Wallet Venture Backed by the Big Wireless Companies - Re/code.net - “Softcard is taking steps to reduce costs and strengthen its business,” the company said in a statement. “This includes simplifying the company’s organizational structure and consolidating all operations into its Dallas and New York offices, which involves layoffs across the company.”
- Apple planning Apple Pay expansion into Canada as soon as March - 9to5Mac - "Sources say partners are currently in negotiations with Apple regarding the launch scheduled to come sometime in the first half of this year."
- Car Loans See Rise In Missed Payments - Wall St. Journal - "More than 2.6% of car-loan borrowers who took out loans in the first quarter of last year had missed at least one monthly payment by November..."
On the Wires:
- Commerce Bank Introduces toggle®: A New Feature that Gives Credit Card Customers More Control & Flexibility - “Customers today are looking for flexibility and simplicity when managing their finances, and toggle gives them new financial tools to do that,” said Chad Doza, Senior Vice President of Consumer Credit Card at Commerce. “With a traditional credit card, the customer waits until the end of the month to decide if they want to pay their bill in full or carry a balance. toggle lets the customer make that decision before the statement reflects the new charges. toggle offers customers the ability to manage all of their purchases, that are typically distributed across multiple credit and debit cards, using only their Commerce Bank credit card."
- Consumer Education: the Next Frontier in Mobile Payment; Closing the Gaps in Understanding How Mobile Pay Works is Key - “This is a classic case of new technologies needing to reach critical mass before consumers come on board,” said Joe Mach, senior vice president and general manager of vertical solutions at Verifone. “Today, in 2015, the pieces are fitting into place – what’s essential now is for the industries driving the mobile payment revolution, from finance to retail to systems providers, to educate consumers on mobile payment’s benefits and easy use.”
Glenbrook's 2015 Payments Education Schedule Now Available!
- Our payments education schedule for this year is now available. Our spring Payments Boot Camp sessions begin in Menlo Park, CA on March 3-4 followed by New York City on April 14-15. We're also holding two one-day Insight Workshops this spring - B2B Payments on March 5 in Menlo Park and Payments for the Unbanked on April 16 in New York City.
- If you have questions about our payments education program, please contact Carol Coye Benson for more information.
- Click here to share PaymentsNews with a friend
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews