ON THE WEB
- Apple Pay takes on China's internet kings in mobile payments - Reuters - "We think China could be our largest Apple Pay market," Jennifer Bailey, vice president of Apple Pay, told Reuters in an interview in Beijing.
- PayPal Overhauls Its Mobile App - Techcrunch - "With the redesign, PayPal is focused on offering a more extensible framework under the hood that will allow it to add new features in the months to come, while also offering a simplified experience for users..."
- How being a woman can ding your credit score - Washington Post - "It may all come down to the fact that men still make more money, on average, than women do..."
ON THE WIRES
- U.S. Bank Upgrades Commercial Payment Solutions - “Together, Commercial Payments Manager and Access Online support the market’s widest range of commercial card and virtual payment choices,” said U.S. Bank Corporate Payments Systems President Jeff Jones. “By offering two complementary systems, U.S. Bank has made it easier for customers of every size and sophistication to access all the options they need to support and grow their organizations.”
- MasterCard Expands Cardholder Controls and Peace of Mind - "For 50 years, we’ve developed new technologies that balance the need for increased security with the desire for greater convenience in payments. As these benefits become everyday features, consumers will receive even more protection and value from the MasterCard in their wallet– physical or digital.”
- Vantiv Integrated Payments Announces Security Pays 2.0 to Drive Stronger Security Adoption - "This initiative promotes education and awareness, driving the adoption of security products to add layers of protection to the payments process, such as end-to-end encryption, tokenization and EMV."
- Lavu Collaborates with PayPal to Offer EMV Payment Processing to Restaurants, Food Trucks and Bars - "PayPal will now be available to Lavu’s extensive portfolio of restaurants, bars and food trucks that generate billions of dollars in transactions annually. Additionally, Lavu can offer restaurant and bar owners EMV payment processing that is integrated with a clear and transparent pricing structure within its POS software, with no hidden fees."
- Five Things to Look for in Cross-Border Payments in 2016 and Beyond - "As the payment landscape continues to shift − driven by an increasingly global economy, the adoption of more digital-only channels, and increased concerns over security and transparency − Mike Massaro, CEO of Flywire (formerly Peer Transfer) weighed in on the future for global payments."
- Bell ID to Support Android Pay - "Bell ID, the mobile payments specialist recently acquired by Rambus Cryptography Research, today announces it will support international issuing banks, payment schemes and processors to integrate with Android Pay. Bell ID customers can utilize its Token Service Provider (TSP) software to enable and secure near field communication (NFC) payments functionality on Android phones."
- 25 Million Credit Cardholders Haven't Changed Favorite Card in 10+ Years - "The truth is that loyalty doesn't pay when it comes to credit cards," Schulz said. "It is especially true with rewards because the quickest way to rack up rewards is to sign up for a new card with a big signup bonus..."
GLENBROOK PAYMENTS EDUCATION EVENTS
Here's a quick reminder that we have two of our Glenbrook payments education events coming up later this month - both in Palo Alto, California - we hope to see you there!
Bring your colleagues along! Group discounts are available. For more information or to learn about our private workshops conducted at your location, contact Glenbrook's Russ Jones.
- Glenbrook’s Carol Coye Benson will be at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona February 22-25. Let her know if you will be there!
UPDATES FROM GLENBROOK
- We're hiring! Passionate about payments? Love solving tough client problems? If that describes you, come join us! Click here to learn more!
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews
Note: Headline News is compiled by Glenbrook Partners. Throughout the day, as we spot interesting developments, this post is updated. Do you have news to share? Tell us here: email@example.com!