On the Web:
- Coinbase Launches First Regulated Bitcoin Exchange in the U.S. - Coinable Blog - "Coinbase Exchange provides a reliable and secure platform for bitcoin trading that is backed by investors such as the New York Stock Exchange."
- First U.S. Bitcoin Exchange Set to Open - Wall St. Journal - "Coinbase Inc., a startup backed by $106 million from the New York Stock Exchange, banks and venture-capital firms, said its exchange will offer greater security for individuals and institutions to trade bitcoin and monitor real-time pricing of the cryptocurrency."
- Inroads Made by Apple Pay Propel ‘Mobile Wallet’ Idea - Wall St. Journal - "Apple Inc. ’s payments service, now three months old, is making progress toward a goal that has eluded other mobile wallets: persuading people to use it."
On the Wires:
- ACI Worldwide Drives 30 Percent Increase in Customer Engagement by Revolutionizing the Bill Pay Experience - “As one of the first organizations to offer the next wave of bill payment technologies, we are driving profitable customer relationships,” said Andrew Cree, eBill Strategy Lead, Chatham County, GA. “Our newly launched eBill has changed the behavior of our citizens, who can now act on interactive messages embedded in their bill.”
- NCR Silver Offers Small Businesses More Payment Options - “With the new integration, accepting bitcoin is as easy as running a credit card transaction,” said Cloud99 Vapes Co-owner Robert Testagrossa. “With our previous POS, we were using a hybrid system. It was inelegant and cumbersome. With NCR Silver, it’s completely seamless.”
Glenbrook's 2015 Payments Education Schedule Now Available!
- Our payments education schedule for this year is now available. Our spring Payments Boot Camp sessions begin in Menlo Park, CA on March 3-4 followed by New York City on April 14-15. We're also holding two one-day Insight Workshops this spring - B2B Payments on March 5 in Menlo Park and Payments for the Unbanked on April 16 in New York City.
- If you have questions about our payments education program, please contact Carol Coye Benson for more information.
- Click here to share PaymentsNews with a friend
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews