On the Web:
- Stripe Unveils A New Tool To Help Retailers Build Native Buying Experiences In Apps - TechCrunch - "With Relay, merchants can integrate with multiple platforms and sell their products with simpler buying experiences. The goal is to ensure that a buying experience starts and ends within an app without having to jump out to a mobile site where users have to finish up the purchasing experience." - For more, see this article on Stripe's blog.
- Wall Street Officially Opens Its Arms to Bitcoin Invaders - Wired - "Georgetown professor of finance James Angel, who specializes in the nuts and bolts of trading systems, calls private stock markets “the perfect application for the blockchain.”"
- Stripe: the invisible $5bn start-up powering the internet economy - The telegraph - "Stripe, a San Francisco-based start-up that was launched four years ago by Irish brothers Patrick and John Collison aims to streamline the digital checkout process by allowing businesses to embed a payment form that can be customised and active on its website or app almost immediately."
On the Wires:
- Fiserv Successfully Pilots CardFree Cash at ATMs Via Accel Debit Payments Network - “Today’s consumers have come to expect immediate, easy and secure access to their money,” said Vincent Brennan, president, Card Services, Fiserv. “Card replacement can take time, and wire transfers can be expensive. Instant access to funds without a card helps financial institutions improve service and security.”
- MUFG Union Bank Launches New Commercial Card Program for Corporate Clients - “We are pleased to offer our new Commercial Card Program to our corporate clients who are seeking the latest technology and services to meet their transaction banking needs and improve productivity,” said Managing Director Ray Fattell, Head of Product and Innovation at MUFG. “Our team employed a buyer-initiated payments approach in developing these products that distinguishes us in the marketplace."
- Mozido and PayEase Launch TradeEase, Bring First Cross-Border O2O e-Commerce Payments to China and Russia - “The potential for economic development within China and Russia has never been more evident,” said Ron Hynes, executive vice president and head of global markets. “At Mozido, we’re proud to be establishing our foothold in these growing regions by enabling the first-ever cross-border O2O commerce between the countries.”
Glenbrook's 2015 Payments Education
- Our next Payments Boot Camp session is scheduled for October 13-14 in Palo Alto, California followed by a one-day Insight Workshop on October 15 on the topic of Global Payments.
- If you have questions about our payments education program, please contact Russ Jones for more information.
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews
Note: Headline News is compiled by Glenbrook Partners. Throughout the day, as we spot interesting developments, this post is updated. Do you have news to share? Tell us here: email@example.com!