On the Web:
- Prepaid products: New disclosures to help you compare options - CFPB - "Last March, we asked you to comment on possible prepaid card disclosures. Thanks to your feedback and additional consumer testing, today we’re proposing new disclosure requirements that consumers would receive before deciding to open a prepaid account."
On the Wires:
- CFPB Proposes Strong Federal Protections for Prepaid Products - "Today the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) is proposing strong, new federal consumer protections for the prepaid market. The proposal would require prepaid companies to limit consumers’ losses when funds are stolen or cards are lost, investigate and resolve errors, provide easy and free access to account information, and adhere to credit card protections if a credit product is offered in connection with a prepaid account."
- QuickBooks Survey: More Than 40 Percent of Small Business Owners Identify as Financially Illiterate - "In order to arm small business owners with financial knowledge and understanding, Intuit unveiled a new interactive tool designed to encourage new and emerging small business owners to test and improve their financial literacy."
Updates from Glenbrook:
- The next session of Glenbrook's Payments Boot Camp will be held Dec 9-10 in Palo Alto, CA. Join us!
- Glenbrook's Bitcoin: Basics and Beyond Workshop will be held Nov 19 in New York City
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews