Please participate in this quick survey on B2B Payments:
- Glenbrook's Erin McCune writes: We have plenty of strong opinions about B2B payments, but we're eager for YOUR perspectives. Please take a moment to answer our brief survey (only 5 questions!) here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/B2B2015-PN
On the Web:
- First Data Aims to Raise $3 Billion in IPO - Wall St. Journal - "Payment processing giant First Data Corp. is planning to raise $3 billion in an initial public offering slated to kick off this week..."
- Coming Soon to Checkouts: Microchip-Card Payment Systems - New York Times - "Visa drew a line in the sand four years ago: American merchants would have until October 2015 to update their systems or absorb the losses themselves. Other major card networks quickly adopted the same deadline."
- EMV's 12 Elephant Fail and the Case for Contactless - LinkedIn Pulse (Nick Holland) - "Now, I’d not profess to be the smartest guy, but I do know a thing or two about the payments industry and for me, this was an awkward experience."
- Square Opening St. Louis Office - CBS St. Louis - “St. Louis is an important part of Square’s history,” Jack Dorsey, co-founder and CEO, said in a statement. “It’s an incredible city and my hometown, and we’re excited to further invest in the community. Go Cards!”
On the Wires:
- Enhancements to Federal Reserve Bank Same-Day ACH Service - "The Federal Reserve Board on Wednesday announced the approval of enhancements to the Federal Reserve Banks' same-day automated clearing house (ACH) service. The enhancements are intended to align the Reserve Banks' same-day ACH service with recent amendments to NACHA's ACH operating rules and will facilitate the use of the ACH network for certain time-critical payments, accelerate final settlement, and improve funds availability to payment recipients."
- First Data and Pivotal Team Up to Deliver Simple and Secure Payment Services to Spring Developers - “At First Data, we are committed to working with the developer community to unlock the next big breakthrough in fintech,” said Guy Chiarello, President, First Data. “We are thrilled to join with Pivotal, a major force in the developer ecosystem, as we continue to attract developer talent and deliver ongoing innovation in payments.”
Glenbrook's 2015 Payments Education
- Our next Payments Boot Camp session is scheduled for October 13-14 in Palo Alto, California followed by a one-day Insight Workshop on October 15 on the topic of Global Payments.
- If you have questions about our payments education program, please contact Russ Jones for more information.
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews
Note: Headline News is compiled by Glenbrook Partners. Throughout the day, as we spot interesting developments, this post is updated. Do you have news to share? Tell us here: email@example.com!