ON THE WEB
- Switch to Visa Cards Should Save Costco Millions, Analysts Say - TheStreet.com - "Costco Wholesale (COST) will switch to Visa (V) credit cards in four days, marking the end of its 17-year alliance with American Express (AXP). This means American Express cards will no longer be accepted at Costco as of Monday."
- Chase’s QuickPay takes on PayPal with real-time transfers - Mobile Commerce Daily - "As consumers now demand real-time convenient services, use of traditional checks has become less common and the rise of mobile peer-to-peer platforms such as PayPal’s Venmo have forced banks like Chase to update their strategy."
- A $79 million cryptocurrency heist just happened, and it’s threatening the future of blockchains - Quartz - "A massive hack on the DAO’s holdings would be roughly equivalent to a successful heist at a major financial institution."
ON THE WIRES
- Wells Fargo Payment Manager® Helps Businesses Digitize Payments"Payment Manager B2P, which is expected to roll out in early 2017, enables businesses to pay any consumer who has a U.S. bank account without collecting or storing sensitive bank account information. The service only requires the customers’ email address or mobile phone number and any accompanying remittance details to conduct a transaction."
GLENBROOK PAYMENTS EDUCATION EVENTS
Our next Glenbrook payments education events are coming this fall - in Palo Alto, CA and New York City - we hope to see you there!
- Payments Boot Camp - Palo Alto - October 11-12
- Insight Workshop - Palo Alto - Data in Payments - October 13
Bring your colleagues along! Group discounts are available. For more information or to learn about our private workshops conducted at your location, contact Glenbrook's Russ Jones.
UPDATES FROM GLENBROOK
- We're hiring! Passionate about payments? Love solving tough client problems? If that describes you, come join us! Click here to learn more!
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews
Note: Headline News is compiled by Glenbrook Partners. Throughout the day, as we spot interesting developments, this post is updated. Do you have news to share? Tell us here: firstname.lastname@example.org!