On the Web:
- 60 Seconds With Allen Weinberg - n>genetic Journal - "Industry veteran and co-founder of Glenbrook Partners shares his thoughts on the changing point of sale..."
- After Target and Home Depot Breaches, Small Lenders Object to Settlements - Wall St. Journal - "Small banks and credit unions are banding together in a bid to recover hundreds of millions of dollars in losses incurred from high-profile data breaches at Target Corp. and Home Depot Inc."
- PayPal: One Touch Buying is Now Available Across Platforms, Devices and Channels - PayPal Forward - "So, today we’re launching One Touch for Web -- enabling consumers to pay without user IDs and passwords on the Web after their first login, just like we enabled on mobile devices."
- Richard Branson to Host Bitcoin Summit on Private Island - CoinDesk - "Billionaire entrepreneur Richard Branson is set to bring "the greatest minds in cryptocurrency" together to discuss bitcoin and the blockchain on his personal private island this May."
- CoinDesk Releases Cryptocurrency 2.0 Report - CoinDesk - "CoinDesk's 56-page report provides a snapshot of the fast-changing next-generation cryptographic applications ecosystem and a Who's Who of the diverse companies contained within it."
On the Wires:
- Chase Commerce Solutions and USA Technologies Form Strategic Relationship - “We continue to enable commerce through a simple, secure payment experience for consumers and for our business clients,” said Kimberly Fitzsimmons, U.S. Market President for Chase Commerce Solutions. “We are pleased to work with USA Technologies, a market leader in this important and rapidly emerging space to accept all types of payments easily and securely.”
- Synchrony Financial and Stash Hotel Rewards Announce Exclusive Agreement to Provide Co-Brand Credit Card Program - “We created Stash because we saw travelers passing on exceptional hotel experiences to stay at predictable chain hotels, just so they could earn points,” said Jeffrey Low, Founder and CEO of Stash Hotel Rewards. “Stash is designed to let the traveler have it all – a memorable stay and meaningful rewards. By partnering with Synchrony Financial we’re creating a card that accelerates rewards while keeping with our tradition of remarkable experiences without compromise.”
- Citi Prepaid Services and Enservio Announce Partnership for Prepaid Insurance Payments - Deirdre Ives, Global Chief Operating Officer of Citi Prepaid Services, said, “We are excited to partner with Enservio to provide our prepaid cards to their flexible, innovative, and cost-effective payment solution for the insurance vertical. Prepaid cards are a smart alternative to checks, and our award-winning prepaid product simplifies claims payments for insurance clients while delivering an exceptional cardholder experience.”
Glenbrook's 2015 Payments Education
- Our next spring Payments Boot Camp session is scheduled for May 19-20 in Menlo Park, California followed by a one-day Insight Workshop on May 21 on the topic of The New Point of Sale.
- If you have questions about our payments education program, please contact Carol Coye Benson for more information.
- Click here to share PaymentsNews with a friend
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews