On the Web:
- Why We Accept Bitcoin - Forbes.com (Roger Wu) - "Bitcoin and other related crypto currencies just work."
- Big Apple bit: New York to introduce regulations for bitcoin transactions - "The state currency regulator announced on Tuesday that current regulations governing currency transmissions would be adapted to suit new digital currencies."
- How Credit-Card Debt Can Help the Poor - New York Times Magazine - "Life without credit is not only expensive; it’s also potentially ruinous."
On the Wires:
- Nok Nok Labs Delivers on Vision for Modern Authentication - "Nok Nok Labs, founded by Ramesh Kesanupalli, the visionary behind the FIDO Alliance, has launched the S3 Suite to enable organizations to support a broad variety of authentication technologies from a single, unified infrastructure."
- Mastercard and Uber Offer Priceless Surprises This Valentine’s Day - "With planes ready to go, MasterCard will sponsor the launch of UberSky, a one day promotion brought to you by Uber giving a limited number of users a chance to deliver a personal on demand sky-writing service, valued at $10,000, to their loved ones for the small price of $500.00."
- Citi Introduces New Way to Use ThankYou® Points - "With ThankYou Select and Credit, available ThankYou Points can be used to cover purchases in certain categories made with an eligible consumer Citi credit card that participates in ThankYou Rewards."
- Synaptics and Nok Nok Labs Work Together to Enable the Future of Mobile Authentication - "The new joint solution will allow Synaptic's Natural ID Fingerprint Sensors to interact with the NNL(TM) Multifactor Authentication Client (MFAC), providing a fully integrated FIDO Ready(TM) solution for smartphone manufacturers looking to add strong, seamless authentication to Online Services from their mobile devices."
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Upcoming Glenbrook Payments Boot Camps: March 18-19 in New York City and May 6-7 in Palo Alto, CA.
- Feedback: How are we doing for you? I'd love to hear from you - drop me a quick note: email@example.com or leave me a voicemail: +1.650.469.3421.
- Please forward press releases to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Need consulting help from Glenbrook for one of your payments projects? Let us know your needs here - and we'll get right back to you!
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews