ON THE WEB
- Huawei Boosts Mobile-Payment Service in China - Wall St. Journal - "Huawei, China’s biggest smartphone maker by shipments, has teamed up with state-run bank-card processor China UnionPay Co. to offer the service called Huawei Pay."
- Identity verification startup Jumio files for bankruptcy, will sell assets to early backer Eduardo Saverin - TechCrunch - "Jumio, the Andreessen Horowitz-funded mobile and online credentials authentication business, whose technology can scan and read information from payment cards and IDs, says that its U.S. business has begun voluntary Chapter 11 proceedings in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court..."
ON THE WIRES
- Visa Europe launches “Cashfree and Proud” campaign featuring Joanna Lumley and Brian Blessed - "The campaign, which runs in the UK from March to May, recognises and harnesses that sense of achievement people feel when they begin to use contactless and realise that they need no longer be dependent on cash for everyday purchases. The campaign is the latest step of Visa UK’s long term strategy to make cash “peculiar” by 2020."
- SelfScore Presents International Student MasterCard Credit Card - By utilizing unique analytics and robust data sets including a borrower's education, source of funding, and career prospects, SelfScore identifies creditworthy international students who are otherwise labeled as "thin-file" or "no-file" credit seekers. This credit card is the first in a series of products introduced by SelfScore to meet the financial needs of students overlooked by the traditional FICO scoring model."
- European Card Payment Association and Payment Card Industry Security Standards Council Join Forces to Fight Payment Data Theft - "Supporting the shared goal of a single, globally unified data security standard, ECPA will collaborate on future versions of the global PCI Data Security Standard and advocate for the adoption of the PCI Standard by its members in conformance with European Union regulations."
GLENBROOK PAYMENTS EDUCATION EVENTS
Our next Glenbrook payments education events are coming up in early April - both in New York City - we hope to see you there!
- Payments Boot Camp - New York City - April 5-6
- Insight Workshop - New York City - Global Payments - April 7
Bring your colleagues along! Group discounts are available. For more information or to learn about our private workshops conducted at your location, contact Glenbrook's Russ Jones.
UPDATES FROM GLENBROOK
- We're hiring! Passionate about payments? Love solving tough client problems? If that describes you, come join us! Click here to learn more!
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews
Note: Headline News is compiled by Glenbrook Partners. Throughout the day, as we spot interesting developments, this post is updated. Do you have news to share? Tell us here: firstname.lastname@example.org!