On the Web:
- 21 Inc. and the Future of Bitcoin - Stratechery (Ben Thompson) - "...I think 21 Inc. is best understood as a massive bridge-building project from today’s speculative curiosity to tomorrow’s essential trust network."
- Touch ID Now Available on the PayPal App - PayPal Forward Blog - "After a quick setup, simply use your fingerprint to log in to your PayPal app to view your account, send money to friends, or access your digital wallet. You will no longer need to log in with your password."
- The Bank Of Facebook - TechCrunch - According to Steve Davis, product manager at Facebook: “We’re not trying to make a profit out of payments.”
On the Wires:
- Credit Cards Continued Their Rebound Against Debit and Prepaid Cards in 2014 - "Purchase volume at merchants for general purpose-type consumer and commercial credit, debit, and prepaid cards issued in the U.S. totaled $4.910 trillion, up 8.4% over 2013. Credit cards increased their market share in purchase volume over debit and prepaid cards to 53.59% in 2014, up from 52.95% in 2013."
- Square Welcomes Shopventory to Square App Marketplace - "Shopventory helps SMBs manage their inventory better while saving time and money by keeping all inventory SKU counts and associated cost information in one central database that syncs with Square. Shopventory's “Dead Inventory Report” automatically highlights inventory that is not selling. This report alone helps retailers realize what items they should turn into cash or consider no longer carrying."
- Millennials More Likely to Travel Abroad to Volunteer Than Other Generations, Marriott Rewards Credit Card from Chase Survey Reveals - “Other generations may not assume Millennials would use their most precious assets, their time and money, to give back to international communities they visit, but today’s young travelers are reframing that mindset,” said Vibhat Nair, general manager, Chase Card Services. “We’ve seen in the past that this generation of travelers value rewards and perks from travel services, and now we’re seeing how they could be using those rewards for a larger purpose.”
Glenbrook's 2015 Payments Education
- Our next spring Payments Boot Camp session is scheduled for August 4-5 in Mountain View, California followed by a one-day Insight Workshop on August 6 on the topic of Data in Payments.
- If you have questions about our payments education program, please contact Carol Coye Benson for more information.
- Click here to share PaymentsNews with a friend
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews