ON THE WEB
- Building a digital-banking business - McKinsey - "Because banking is a highly regulated industry and a stronghold of conservative corporate culture, there are tremendous internal complexities that need to be addressed."
- Amazon May Violate India’s New Rules on Foreign E-Commerce - New York Times - "The government added regulations related to pricing and the sourcing of sales on sites that Amazon and several rivals appear to violate. What is more, the new policy was effective immediately, giving Amazon and others no time to comply."
ON THE WIRES
- Chip Credit Card Availability Up Sharply - "Almost 30 million Americans received a new chip-enabled credit card over the past six months, according to a new CreditCards.com report. At present, 70% of U.S. credit cardholders have a chip (EMV) credit card, 15% do not and 14% are not sure."
- HID Global Enters Market for Citizen IDs on Mobile Phones - "The HID goID™ platform for mobile IDs enables driver licenses and other government IDs to be carried on smartphones that become all-in-one devices for receiving, presenting and authenticating mobile IDs with the highest level of privacy protection. This marks a new era in which individuals will be able to confidently use their smartphone as their secure, trusted ID, and governments can reach a new level of convenience in issuing IDs and extending their relationships with citizens."
- CardFlight Releases New Data Showing Trends on EMV Chip Card Usage in the United States - "Migrating to EMV chip card technology gives us a more secure system that will significantly reduce fraudulent charges on card present purchases," said Derek Webster, CEO and Founder of CardFlight. "The latest version of the CardFlight EMV Migration Tracker shows that the adoption of EMV technology in the U.S. is accelerating."
- Regions Bank to Offer Expanded Online Consumer Loan Experience Powered by Leading FinTech Firm Avant - “Our agreement with Regions demonstrates how forward-thinking banks and marketplace lending platforms can collaborate to meet the needs of consumers,” said Al Goldstein, CEO of Avant. “Through this agreement we can bring responsible access to credit to a new demographic of borrowers. The technology offered by AvantPlatform has the power to be a game changer in the banking industry.”
- Chase Freedom Unlimited Card Survey Reveals a “Fun Gap” in America - While nearly all (97%) believe fun is important in their day, nearly two-thirds (58%) say they feel limited in their ability to live a fun, happy life. Only half (53%) say they’re having enough fun – and a full 47% limit their own fun, intentionally."
GLENBROOK PAYMENTS EDUCATION EVENTS
Our next Glenbrook payments education events are coming up in early April - both in New York City - we hope to see you there!
Bring your colleagues along! Group discounts are available. For more information or to learn about our private workshops conducted at your location, contact Glenbrook's Russ Jones.
UPDATES FROM GLENBROOK
- We're hiring! Passionate about payments? Love solving tough client problems? If that describes you, come join us! Click here to learn more!
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews
Note: Headline News is compiled by Glenbrook Partners. Throughout the day, as we spot interesting developments, this post is updated. Do you have news to share? Tell us here: firstname.lastname@example.org!