ON THE WEB
- RBI's billing system boosts payments cos - Times of India - A P Hota, MD & CEO, National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI), said, "The payments system was already interoperable, the billing information system was not. "
- Vietnam’s Tien Phong Bank Targeted in Bangladesh-Like Cyberattack - Wall St. Journal - "Vietnam’s Tien Phong Bank suffered a cyberattack that involved an attempt to steal funds using the Swift global interbank messaging service..."
- The Top 5 Takeaways from CoinDesk’s State of Blockchain Q1 2016 - CoinDesk - "The first quarter of 2016 saw a number of notable changes in the blockchain industry, the most obvious and contentious of which may have been the evolving language used to describe the industry itself."
ON THE WIRES
- WePay Introduces First White Label Mobile Point of Sale Solution for Platforms - "WePay, the leading provider of payments-as-a-service for online platforms including GoFundMe, FreshBooks, and Constant Contact, today announced a white label mobile point of sale solution that enables platforms to seamlessly handle in-person payments in addition to online payments."
- As Problems And Delays Plague Transition To New Chip Credit Card Readers, Durbin Calls On FTC To Protect Small Businesses, Consumers - “I am concerned that problems and delays in the EMV certification process are imposing costly burdens on small- and medium-sized businesses and leaving consumers’ card transactions vulnerable to fraud,” wrote Durbin. “I urge the FTC to examine how flaws and delays in the certification process can be addressed so that businesses and consumers can be better protected from these harms.”
- Trusona Announces World's First Insured Authentication "It's been my life-long goal to make the Internet a safer place for both businesses and individuals and Trusona is an embodiment of that vision," said Ori Eisen, founder and CEO of Trusona. "Being the first and only security solution to be insured is a testament to the strides we've taken to make this vision a reality."
- SAP Helps Small Businesses Capitalize on E-Commerce - "SAP has teamed up with Google Inc. and PayPal Holdings Inc. to offer small business leaders everything they need in a single package that directly integrates with partners' platforms. Users of SAP Anywhere have one solution through which they can access complementary services. In addition, it is planned to integrate global shipping and logistics services provided by United Parcel Service Inc."
- CashStar Introduces New Social Engagement Capability for Merchants - "With CashStar Social Engagement, merchants have the ability to execute and track the impact of social promotions and customer remediation initiatives for each individual that is engaged via the social channel."
- UBS and SigFig to Form Strategic Alliance for Wealth Management Technology Development - "As part of this strategic alliance, SigFig will create and customize digital tools and services for UBS WMA's 7,000 advisors that will complement their expertise and enhance their clients’ digital experience."
PAYMENTS IN PORTLAND
- Join us for the next Payments in Portland (Oregon) event being held on Tuesday, June 7th. Details here!
GLENBROOK PAYMENTS EDUCATION EVENTS
Our next Glenbrook payments education events are coming this fall - in Palo Alto, CA and New York City - we hope to see you there!
- Payments Boot Camp - Palo Alto - October 11-12
- Insight Workshop - Palo Alto - Data in Payments - October 13
Bring your colleagues along! Group discounts are available. For more information or to learn about our private workshops conducted at your location, contact Glenbrook's Russ Jones.
UPDATES FROM GLENBROOK
- We're hiring! Passionate about payments? Love solving tough client problems? If that describes you, come join us! Click here to learn more!
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews
Note: Headline News is compiled by Glenbrook Partners. Throughout the day, as we spot interesting developments, this post is updated. Do you have news to share? Tell us here: firstname.lastname@example.org!