On the Web
- Will Apple’s New Money-Transfer Idea Leave Visa and MasterCard in the Dust? - Re/code.net - "What we don’t know: whether the credit card companies are actively engaged in discussions about getting involved or whether they are waiting to hear from Apple. "
- Square's IPO: the beginning of the end of the unicorn-driven tech bubble? - Guardian - "Many feel Square’s IPO could, in hindsight, be seen as the trigger that burst the 2.0 tech bubble..."
On the Wires
- Nordstrom Launches Enhanced E-Gifting Experience with CashStar - "With CashStar Commerce, Nordstrom has enabled its customers to create a highly personalized e-gifting experience for their recipients with a large selection of Nordstrom-designed faceplates and artwork and ability to add a personalized message. The eGift card is delivered in a virtual Nordstrom silver envelope, an extension of Nordstrom’s signature silver box experience. Senders can also choose to have the eGift delivered instantly or on a future date and will receive notification when their gift has been viewed."
- U.S. Bank Consumer Study Raises New Perspective on How Banks Balance Technology with a Human Touch - "Approximately 70 percent of consumers across all generations (85 percent of millennials) believe banks that are current with the latest technology are more trustworthy than banks that lag; however, nearly 4 out of 5 Americans say when it matters most, they value people more."
- MasterCard Connects Startups to Its Global Network of Big Brand Partners - "Launched in 2014, MasterCard Start Path is a global effort to support innovative early stage startups developing the next generation of commerce solutions. This initial class of early-stage startups, selected from more than 200 applicants, are using big data, mobile and cloud-based applications to build digital relationships, empower consumers and simplify complicated tasks."
- JCB Certified for U.S. EMV Chip Card Acceptance - "We are extremely pleased to achieve our first U.S. EMV acceptance certification,” said Dan Skaling, executive vice president for JCBUSA. “JCB has been a leader in EMV card acceptance in markets around the world for the past 10 years,” added Skaling. “Being able to give our cardholders this same safety and security when making purchases in the United States is a top priority,” continued Skaling.
- Chase Commerce Solutions will streamline EMV certification with Host Payment solution from UL - "The "Chase Payment" module, which works with UL's existing Brand Test Tool solution, was specially designed for Chase so that their large and midsized business clients can test and pre-certify their end-to-end EMV solution prior to certification," says Sherif Samy the Commercial Director of UL's Transaction Security Division."
Glenbrook's 2015 Payments Education
- Our next Payments Boot Camp session is scheduled for Palo Alto, California on December 1-2 followed by a one-day Insight Workshop on December 3 on the topic of Digital Payments. Registration for both sessions is open and available now.
- If you have questions about our payments education program, please contact Russ Jones for more information.
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews
Note: Headline News is compiled by Glenbrook Partners. Throughout the day, as we spot interesting developments, this post is updated. Do you have news to share? Tell us here: email@example.com!