On the Web:
- When One App Rules Them All: The Case of WeChat and Mobile in China - A16Z.com Blog - "This post is all about WeChat, but it’s also about more than just WeChat. While seemingly just a messaging app, WeChat is actually more of a portal, a platform, and even a mobile operating system depending on how you look at it."
- The Finanser Interviews: Kosta Peric, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation - Financial Services Club Blog - "Our goal is that the payment infrastructure supports the national currency. The majority of the users have to purchase things, to pay schools, to send money and this means that we need to use the national currency. Of course, bitcoin as a currency can be useful in some specific cases, like international remittances. But the major use cases of mobile money will be with the national currency."
- ANZ Bank hires tech panel to advise board - ITnews - "ANZ has appointed Twitter APAC head of online sales Aliza Knox, former head of global retail and strategic development for PayPal Don Kinsborough, former CIO of Procter & Gamble Filippo Passerini, and head of strategy and engagement for Dimension Data Gerard Florian to the panel."
On the Wires:
- American Express Adds Apple Pay for U.S. Corporate Cards - "Apple Pay allows American Express® Card Members to add their eligible Corporate Card and pay with their mobile devices at contactless merchants in stores, or within participating apps that accept American Express. American Express added Apple Pay for Consumer Cards and OPEN Small Business Cards in late 2014."
- CashStar and Maritz Motivation Solutions Announce Strategic Partnership to Deliver Personalized Digital Gift Card Offerings - “Maritz has established themselves as a clear leader in the loyalty and incentives market,” said Ben Kaplan, president and CEO of CashStar. “The strategic partnership with Maritz Motivation Solutions is a major proof point of CashStar’s increasing leadership in B2B gift card distribution.”
- Aussie Firm Lokket Takes Apple Wallet to Chip & Pin (EMV) - “Consumers are increasingly mobile-first when it comes to making purchase decisions. By marrying real-time personalized mobile marketing messages with existing in-store redemption tools such as Chip & Pin (EMV) terminals, eliminates a lot of the headaches for retailers,“ said George Kaloudis, CEO & Founder of Lokket.
Glenbrook's 2015 Payments Education
- Our next Payments Boot Camp session is scheduled for October 13-14 in Palo Alto, California followed by a one-day Insight Workshop on October 15 on the topic of Global Payments.
- If you have questions about our payments education program, please contact Carol Coye Benson for more information.
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews
Note: Headline News is compiled by Glenbrook Partners. Throughout the day, as we spot interesting developments, this post is updated. Do you have news to share? Tell us here: email@example.com!