On the Web:
- Designing the Uber Cash Experience - Medium (Matthew Moore) - "We immediately discovered that users in India live in a different payments landscape than most Uber riders around the globe. The difference: 95% of Indians don’t have access to a credit card, and due to local regulations, paying for anything digitally is a cumbersome process."
- Who’s Behind Bluetooth Skimming in Mexico? - Krebs on Security - "What follows is a look at a mysterious new ATM company in Mexico that sources say may be tied to the skimming activity."
On the Wires:
- Intuit and OnDeck to Launch $100M Small Business Lending Fund - “This new product is all about empowering small businesses to leverage the power of their own data so that they can take advantage of better financing options,” said Dan Wernikoff, executive vice president and general manager of Intuit’s Small Business Group. “Small businesses rely on financing to power their growth, to invest in new employees, new equipment, and new opportunities. We’re excited to continue working with OnDeck to fuel more small business success.”
- Modernizing Canada's Payment System requires a holistic approach - "The global payments ecosystem is changing, enabled by new technology and driven by changing user demands," said Gerry Gaetz, President and CEO of the CPA. "In Canada, we are taking a holistic approach to modernizing our systems, which includes significant research, a global perspective and industry consultation. This particular piece of research is a first step and will help frame industry discussions as we move forward."
- TSYS Supports Android Pay - "TSYS’ new Host Card Emulation (HCE) solution enhances its existing TSYS Enterprise Tokenization solution to empower mobile payment solutions like Android Pay. It allows payment card information to be stored in the cloud and transferred by a tap of the mobile device at the merchant terminal."
- Digital River Inks Payments Agreement with Online China Travel Leader Ctrip - “With one of China’s leading online travel websites, Ctrip has become one of the best-known travel brands in the country,” said Hayden Reed, Digital River’s senior vice president and general manager of Digital River World Payments. “China’s travel sector continues to see accelerated growth. Backed by our leadership position in the payments marketplace, we look forward to helping Ctrip advance their online travel offering and raise their global profile.”
Glenbrook's 2015 Payments Education
- Our next Payments Boot Camp session is scheduled for October 13-14 in Palo Alto, California followed by a one-day Insight Workshop on October 15 on the topic of Global Payments.
- If you have questions about our payments education program, please contact Russ Jones for more information.
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews
Note: Headline News is compiled by Glenbrook Partners. Throughout the day, as we spot interesting developments, this post is updated. Do you have news to share? Tell us here: email@example.com!