Headline News is brought to you by Glenbrook Partners. Glenbrook provides payments strategy consulting and education services to payments professionals worldwide!
ON THE WEB
- Europe's Disappearing Cash - Emptying the tills - The Economist - "As countries become richer, they tend to move away from cash on grounds of security, convenience and cost. Consumers may think that cash is free but for banks and retailers it is not; it needs to be counted, bundled, transported, cleaned, replaced, checked for forgery, stored and guarded."
- USA's 5th largest bank adds support for Contactless Payments via Microsoft Wallet - MSPoweruser - "PNC bank joins Bank of America as one of the few banks that support NFC payments for Windows Phones, but I suspect given the low usage of the technology in general in USA it is enough to say this is no longer an area where Windows Phones are left behind."
ON THE WIRES
- Worldpay heads down under with Australia licence - "Ecommerce in Australia accounted for $42bn of the country’s GDP in 2015, and the country’s consumers lead the world in terms of eWallet adoption, which is favoured by 21% of shoppers buying goods online."
GLENBROOK PAYMENTS EDUCATION EVENTS
Our next Glenbrook payments education events are coming this fall - in Palo Alto, CA and New York City. See our fall schedule here. We hope to see you there!
- Payments Boot Camp - Palo Alto - October 11-12
- Insight Workshop - Palo Alto - Payment Data - October 13
Bring your colleagues along! Group discounts are available. For more information or to learn about our private workshops conducted at your location, contact Glenbrook's Russ Jones.
UPDATES FROM GLENBROOK
- We're hiring! Passionate about payments? Love solving tough client problems? If that describes you, come join us! Among other positions, we're looking for an East Coast engagement manger. Click here to learn more!
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews
Note: Headline News is compiled by Glenbrook Partners. Throughout the day, as we spot interesting developments, this post is updated. Do you have news to share? Tell us here: email@example.com!