On the Web:
- Credit Card Breach at Mandarian Oriental - Krebs on Security - “We can confirm that Mandarin Oriental has been alerted to a potential credit card breach and is currently conducting a thorough investigation to identify and resolve the issue,” the company said in an emailed statement.
- Bitcoin for the Unbanked - Foreign Affairs - "How about combining M-Pesa with a digital currency? It would offer all the advantages of M-Pesa, but would make the costs to users even cheaper for those who import money into that system from abroad, because those remittances from rel atives in London or New York would arrive via bitcoin rather than the traditional banking system. Call it BitPesa."
- Change agent: PayNearMe partners with Grameen America to help lift women out of poverty - PandoDaily - "PayNearMe, the cash transaction network that allows US consumers to pay bills and make online purchases using cash at more than 10,000 participating retailers across the country, has done just that. The company has entered a nationwide partnership with Grameen America, the nonprofit microfinance organization providing loans, savings programs, financial education, and credit establishment to women who live in poverty."
- Antonopoulos to Australian Senate: Bitcoin Regulated by Math - Inside Bitcoins - "Contrary to popular misconception, bitcoin is not unregulated. Rather, several aspects of the bitcoin network and financial system are regulated by mathematical algorithms. The algorithmic regulation in bitcoin offers predictable, objective, measurable outcomes. Algorithmic regulation provides certainty without nationalist or geopolitical influence."
On the Wires:
- Cardtronics Launches ATMpass - Tom Pierce, chief marketing officer, Cardtronics, said: "Consumers are interested in using the most convenient ATMs - Cardtronics ATMs - but less so in paying a surcharge fee. With ATMpass, Cardtronics offers cardholders the convenience of national retailers plus the ability to avoid ATM surcharge fees. Having cash access at a surcharge-free ATM in a retail location that is part of their day-to-day life is important to many people. For consumers who feel limited by their current ATM options, or don't have any surcharge-free ATMs near their home, work or school, ATMpass gives them control over ATM surcharge fees and the freedom to choose convenience."
- MasterCard: Happy Birthday Priceless Surprises! - "Priceless Surprises is among the highest social media engagement generating initiatives live today, beating U.S. Twitter benchmarks within financial services and Facebook benchmarks across consumer industries. When compared against other MasterCard programs, Priceless Surprises engagement rate is three times higher."
- Global Payments’ Integrated Solutions Division, OpenEdge, Secures Partnership with New West Technologies for Integration to Microsoft Dynamics AX - OpenEdge President, Sid Singh, added, “We’re pleased that New West and our other partners are experiencing the benefits of integrations with EdgeShield, a pre-certified, EMV compliant solution combined with point-to-point encryption and tokenization security.”
- Merchants’ Choice Payment Solutions Powers its All-New Foundry POS Solution with Powa Technologies - "MCPS’ Foundry POS is a powerful, cloud-based software application designed to meet the specific business needs of the retail and restaurant industries. Features include access to real time reports, including sales, inventory and employee management, as well as full integration with its Merchant Foundry CRM system."
- ShopKeep Launches Serverless Sync - “With Serverless Sync, waiters and bartenders will no longer have to return to an individual register to update their checks or wait for a register to become available to input orders,” commented Jason Richelson, Founder and Chief Strategy Officer of ShopKeep. “Instead, open checks will be accessible from any register running on the same WiFi network, allowing staff members to spend more time providing the best possible service.”
Glenbrook's 2015 Payments Education Schedule Now Available!
- Our payments education schedule for this year is now available. Our next spring Payments Boot Camp session is scheduled for New York City on April 14-15. We're also holding a one-day Insight Workshop on April 16 following the New York Boot Camp on the topic of Faster Payments.
- If you have questions about our payments education program, please contact Carol Coye Benson for more information.
- Click here to share PaymentsNews with a friend
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events.
Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews