ON THE WEB
- MasterCard, Visa Try to Speed Chip Transactions After Complaints - Bloomberg - “We are glad to see them fix this problem, but we don’t understand why they couldn’t fix it at the beginning,” said Craig Shearman, a spokesman for the National Retail Federation.
- PayPal Says Federal Trade Commission Investigating Venmo - Bloomberg - "The probe focuses on whether the electronic payments company, through Venmo, engaged in unfair or deceptive trade practices, the company said Thursday in a regulatory filing."
- A Dramatic Rise in ATM Skimming Attacks - Krebs on Security - "Skimming attacks on ATMs increased at an alarming rate last year for both American and European banks and their customers, according to recent stats collected by fraud trackers."
ON THE WIRES
- Carrier Billing Comes to Spotify in New European Markets - “Our partnerships with carriers connecting to Spotify in the UK have been a phenomenal success both in terms of revenue and new subscriber acquisition. So much so that, in the UK, the default payment method for new Spotify users has changed from credit card to carrier billing,” said Jon Prideaux, CEO of Boku.
- Cardlytics Powers Purchase-Based Targeting with New Syndicated Audiences - "Cardlytics Audiences draw on purchase insights from more than $1.5T in actual consumer spend. This purchase history includes transactions across credit, debit, ACH and bill pay – breadth that is unmatched in the industry."
GLENBROOK PAYMENTS EDUCATION EVENTS
Our next Glenbrook payments education events are coming up in May - both in Palo Alto, CA - we hope to see you there!
Bring your colleagues along! Group discounts are available. For more information or to learn about our private workshops conducted at your location, contact Glenbrook's Russ Jones.
UPDATES FROM GLENBROOK
- We're hiring! Passionate about payments? Love solving tough client problems? If that describes you, come join us! Click here to learn more!
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews
Note: Headline News is compiled by Glenbrook Partners. Throughout the day, as we spot interesting developments, this post is updated. Do you have news to share? Tell us here: firstname.lastname@example.org!