On the Web:
- Google Introduces a $95 Amazon Prime Competitor - "Now simply dubbed Google Express, the service offers delivery of goods such as clothing, books and packaged groceries from stores such as Costco, Target and Walgreens to customer doors on the same day, or day after, they are ordered."
On the Wires:
- American Express and McDonald’s USA to Bring the Power of Membership Rewards Points to McDonald’s Restaurants Nationwide - "As it rolls out to participating McDonald’s restaurants in the coming months, American Express’ unique technology will enable eligible Card Members to easily use Membership Rewards points for their McDonald’s orders – there are no codes and no registration needed."
- Spending Slows in September Following Steady Summer Growth (First Data) - "Overall spending growth in September remained healthy at 3.1% but slipped from August’s growth of 3.9%. Year-over-year spending growth, however, was up, driven by categories including Hotel and Travel, where dollar volume growth, strong for most of the summer, came in at 7.9% and 5.2%, respectively."
- 3PEA International and Visa Enter into a Prepaid Card Agreement - "We are excited to formally create a partnership with Visa, and view their support as a tremendous vote of confidence for both 3PEA and the PaySign brand."
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Glenbrook's Payments Boot Camps: Oct 21-22 in New York, NY; Dec 9-10 in Palo Alto, CA.
- Glenbrook's Bitcoin: Basics and Beyond Workshop: Nov 19 in New York City
- Money20/20 as become the go-to event in payments... we'll be there in force. The agenda is now available and the event is 90% sold out - if you've been waiting, it's time to register! Use this promo code to register and receive a 20% discount: "GLENBR20"
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews