On the Web:
- Dwolla Partners with Microsoft, Bringing Smarter Government to the Public Sector - Dwolla Blog - "Together, Dwolla and Microsoft work to create and distribute custom “Dwolla for Government” products and services that solve real problems for all levels of government. Dwolla is the only payment partner to date."
On the Wires:
- American Express and Airbnb Announce Membership Rewards® Program Relationship - “Airbnb is about creating your own special travel experience, while allowing you to feel a sense of belonging wherever you go around the world,” said Andrea La Mesa, Regional Director for North America at Airbnb. “Through the Membership Rewards program, we’re excited that Card Members can now use points for Airbnb eGift cards that they can use to rent unique places to stay from local hosts in more than 34,000 cities and 190 countries.”
- Nok Nok Labs Raises $8.25M in Series C Funding from DCM Ventures, DDS, Lenovo, ONSET Ventures and Raven Ventures - "The round includes new investors DDS Inc. and Raven Ventures, as well as current investors DCM Ventures, Lenovo Group Limited and ONSET Ventures."
- Blackhawk Network and United States Postal Service (USPS) Work Together to Make Holiday Gifting Even Easier - "The USPS is excited to work with Blackhawk Network to offer gift cards in our post offices – it is a completely natural fit," said Nagisa Manabe, USPS chief marketing and sales officer and executive vice president. "We have been focused on providing more consumer services and products and working with Blackhawk allows us to offer one of the best managed programs and product suites to our customers. The new gift card mall will really make our patrons' experience with USPS even better."
- FIDO 1.0 Specifications are Published and Final Preparing for Broad Industry Adoption of Strong Authentication in 2015 - “Today, we celebrate an achievement that will define the point at which the old world order of passwords and PINs started to wither and die,” said Michael Barrett, president of the FIDO Alliance. “FIDO Alliance pioneers can forever lay claim to ushering in the ‘post password’ era, which is already revealing new dimensions in Internet services and digital commerce.”
- NCR Brings Consumer Transaction Technologies around the World - “We are excited to bring the first ATM to Mogadishu. The installation serves as a sign of hope for the city as businesses and industry increase their investment in the region,” said Mohamed Ali, Salaam Somali Bank.
- Bank of China to Offer Western Union Money Transfer® Service - Jean Claude Farah, President, Middle East, Africa, Asia Pacific, Eastern Europe & CIS, for Western Union said, “This signing with Bank of China is a historic moment for Western Union. Bank of China is one of the world’s leading financial institutions, serving as China’s financial link to the world for over 100 years."
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews