ON THE WEB
- Five Answers – Sort of – to the Big Questions on Blockchain and Bitcoin - PaymentsViews.com (Carol Coye Benson) - "I’m back from two days at Consensus 2016 in NYC, and reporting as promised into my investigation of the Five Big Questions."
- 21 Inc Unveils Plan to Make Every Computer a Bitcoin Computer - CoinDesk - "Freely available, the software allows any connected device to join the 21 network, enabling connectivity with the 21 Marketplace and providing capabilities that were previously only available to owners of the 21 Bitcoin Computer."
- Financial fraud targeting older adults often involves appeals to emotions like anger, excitement - Stanford News - “When emotionally aroused, either excited or frustrated, older adults may be more susceptible to being victimized by scammers than are younger individuals,” said Ian H. Gotlib, the David Starr Jordan Professor of Psychology and chair of the Stanford Psychology Department. “In the present study, they were more likely to want to pay for an item advertised misleadingly, regardless of how credible they believed the advertisement was.”
- Faster Payments: Is Same-Day Fast Enough? - FIS Payments Leader - "Markets around the world have been rolling out real-time payment systems over the last decade. But is the instant gratification from true real-time payments the only solution for unmet consumer and corporate needs? Would same-day payments meet most, if not all, of the same needs?"
ON THE WIRES
- Kohl’s Charge and Yes2You Rewards Now Easy as One Tap in Apple Pay - “Kohl’s is blending the physical and digital shopping experiences in more ways than ever before. Offering conveniences to Kohl’s customers that make it easy for them – like a seamless one-tap checkout in Apple Pay that integrates our value-driven Yes2You Rewards loyalty program – is one of the ways that we are leading as an omnichannel retailer,” said Ratnakar Lavu, Kohl’s chief technology officer.
- Android Pay and Samsung Pay now available for BBVA Compass cardholders - "In today's fast paced world, it's imperative that we ensure our customers' need for convenience is kept at the forefront," said BBVA Compass Director of Payments Ryan Kraynick. "Android Pay and Samsung Pay are payment options that may make customers' lives a little easier."
- i2c Expands Platform-Level Payment Control Features - "With card controls features integrated in our platform, issuers can more easily provide consumers with customizable features like real-time alerts that give them immediate updates on critical account information like suspicious transactions," said Lisa Fugate, vice president, credit processing, at i2c. "i2c was the first payment processor to offer card controls, and industry adoption has confirmed their value to issuers and cardholders."
- Affirm Appoints eBay Executive Carl Gish as Company’s First Chief Marketing Officer - “eBay notwithstanding, the kind of skills and know-how Carl built while developing the Dove Real Beauty campaign for Unilever, and as Dyson’s North American CMO, is exactly the deep consumer brand marketing expertise and talent Affirm needs in its next wave of growth,” said Affirm Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Max Levchin.
- Entrust Datacard Achieves Instant Issuance Milestone – Over 10 Million EMV Chip Cards Instantly Issued within the U.S. in One Year - "Giving consumers the ability to walk into a branch location to immediately receive an EMV card has helped turn a consumer experience from negative to positive."
- Nuspay Selects Microsoft Azure for Next-Gen Digital Currency Platform - "The Nuspay Digital Currency (NDC) cryptocurrency ecosystem was engineered to meet and exceed the current and future challenges facing governments, central banks, monetary authorities and enterprises seeking to deploy digital currency. Additionally Nuspay is in the process of developing an international digital currency exchange with planned sites in Singapore and the Caribbean."
- 3dcart Now Offers Comprehensive Vantiv Payment Processing Integration to Online Stores - “3dcart is committed to creating tight integrations with the best eCommerce partners on the market, and the results of those initiatives help provide online merchants with access to diverse payment processing options,” said 3dcart CEO Gonzalo Gil.
GLENBROOK PAYMENTS EDUCATION EVENTS
Our next Glenbrook payments education events are coming up in May - both in Palo Alto, CA - we hope to see you there!
Bring your colleagues along! Group discounts are available. For more information or to learn about our private workshops conducted at your location, contact Glenbrook's Russ Jones.
UPDATES FROM GLENBROOK
- We're hiring! Passionate about payments? Love solving tough client problems? If that describes you, come join us! Click here to learn more!
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews
Note: Headline News is compiled by Glenbrook Partners. Throughout the day, as we spot interesting developments, this post is updated. Do you have news to share? Tell us here: email@example.com!