On the Web:
- MasterCard on Changes Coming in Payment Card Security - Wall St. Journal Risk and Compliance Journal - "Ajay Bhalla, president of enterprise security solutions at MasterCard Inc., talks about the introduction of chip-based cards to the U.S. and what’s on the horizon for payment-cards security."
- The Bitcoin XT Fork - AVC.com (Fred Wilson) - "It will be fascinating to watch this play out. If you are used to big corporations or governmental institutions making decisions behind closed doors about how your financial systems work, then you might enjoy watching a new model of innovation and technology evolution unfold."
- $2b fee sticking point as Apple wrangles with Australia's big four banks - Australian Financial Review - "Commonwealth Bank of Australia chief executive Ian Narev would not comment on the progress of negotiations with Apple, but said Apple's attempts to offer Apple Pay in Australia won't be as easy as it was in the US given Australian banks' record of innovation. "
- ApplePay Grows in Popularity, Users Happy with Platform - TMG Blog - "Recent data from 451 Research concludes 45 percent of smartphone owners who plan to use mobile payment apps over the next three months will opt for Apple Pay."
On the Wires:
- New ATMIA and Tremont Capital Group Research Paper Reveals Little Impact from Mobile Payments on Cash Use - "Mobile payments are catching on to some extent – but very slowly and with a small number of consumers and retailers. The data is promising, but still only a tiny fraction of total in-store payments are made using mobile devices. Over the next five years, to the extent that mobile payments do take share from other forms of payment, it will be from electronic payments."
Glenbrook's 2015 Payments Education
- Our next Payments Boot Camp session is scheduled for October 13-14 in Palo Alto, California followed by a one-day Insight Workshop on October 15 on the topic of Global Payments.
- If you have questions about our payments education program, please contact Carol Coye Benson for more information.
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews
Note: Headline News is compiled by Glenbrook Partners. Throughout the day, as we spot interesting developments, this post is updated. Do you have news to share? Tell us here: email@example.com!