On the Web:
- Credit-Card Comparison Sites Come Under Fire - Wall St. Journal - "Over the past year, the mutually beneficial relationship between a number of card issuers and comparison sites has turned icy..."
- More Than 1,000 Businesses in U.S. Affected by Same Cyberattack That Hit Target - New York Times BITS Blog - "The attacks are much more pervasive than previously reported, and hackers are pilfering the data of millions of payment cards from American consumers without companies knowing about it, according to a new Department of Homeland Security advisory released Friday afternoon."
- Is eBay about to admit that Icahn was right about PayPal? - Fortune - "If eBay really believes PayPal is best off as part of the mothership, why would it want to hire someone who believes differently?"
- Nearables are here: introducing Estimote Stickers - Estimote Blog - "Today we’re extremely excited to launch Estimote Stickers, brand new super tiny beacons that represent the future of what sensor technology and contextual computing will be."
On the Wires:
- Zumigo Raises $6M to Expand Secure Payments and eCommerce With Mobile Device Location and Identity Verification - "Zumigo Corporation, a leader in mobile device location and identity verification, today announced it has closed $6 million in Series B financing led by new investor Intel Capital. Existing investors including Aligned Partners also participated in the round."
- 2Checkout and WooThemes Partner to Enable Merchants Around the World to Accept Payments from Anyone, Anywhere - "WooThemes’ WooCommerce plugin for WordPress powers nearly 18 percent of all e-commerce websites, with 381,000 active online stores worldwide."
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Glenbrook Payments Boot Camps: Oct 7-8 in Palo Alto, CA.; Oct 21-22 in New York City; Dec 9-10 in Palo Alto, CA.
- Money20/20 has become the go-to event in payments. We'll be there in force... will you? Use this promo code to register "GLENBR20"
- The Kindle edition of our book "Payments Systems in the U.S. - Second Edition" - is now available in the Kindle Store as well as in an iBooks version for your iPad or Mac in the iBooks Store.
- Feedback: How are we doing for you? I'd love to hear from you - drop me a quick note: email@example.com or leave me a voicemail: +1.650.469.3421.
- Got news? Please forward press releases to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Need consulting help from Glenbrook for one of your payments projects? Let us know your needs here - and we'll get right back to you!
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews