On the Web:
- Faster Now Faster? - PaymentsViews.com (Carol Coye Benson) - "Today I want to express my enthusiasm about these developments, beam encouragement at the industry, and advocate for a few additional points that I think are important in the design phase."
- MasterCard’s New Chief Commercial Officer Taking Digital Payment Tech Beyond Lab - Wall St. Journal - "Betty DeVita, former president of MasterCard Canada, starts Tuesday, charged with commercializing ideas that come out of MasterCard Labs, a technology research group started in 2010. Among her first priorities will be Qkr, a payments technology that lets consumers place orders and pay bills with a MasterPass digital wallet."
On the Wires:
- Widespread UK launch of V.me by Visa - Kevin Jenkins, managing director UK & Ireland at Visa Europe commented: “The UK is the European leader of online commerce with a valuable and diverse range of companies that conduct business online. This announcement is a further proof point of our ability to innovate, building on our market success in contactless. We’re excited to be working with our member banks and many of the UK’s leading retailers to do this and look forward to new partners coming on board.”
- MasterCard Supports U.S. Small Businesses Making Big Shifts to Chip Cards - “Chip cards all but eliminate counterfeit fraud. We know this because we’ve seen significant fraud reductions in all 80+ countries where EMV has been implemented,” said Carolyn Balfany, senior vice president of Product Delivery – EMV, MasterCard. “The power of chip is realized as more cards and terminals are enabled and used. The goal isn’t to move card fraud around the system. The goal is to drive card fraud out of the U.S. – benefitting banks, merchants and, most importantly, consumers.”
- Boku Launches on Google Play in the Middle East“By connecting with Boku, Zain KSA brings tremendous value to their subscribers who want a trusted and seamless way to purchase their favorite Google Play content,” said Boku CEO Jon Prideaux. “Given our leading market position, Boku is well positioned to extend this partnership to other carriers across the globe. The opportunities for carriers are truly limitless when a company with Boku’s global footprint integrates with one of the world’s most popular app stores.”
Glenbrook's 2015 Payments Education
- Our next spring Payments Boot Camp session is scheduled for May 19-20 in Menlo Park, California followed by a one-day Insight Workshop on May 21 on the topic of The New Point of Sale.
- If you have questions about our payments education program, please contact Carol Coye Benson for more information.
- Click here to share PaymentsNews with a friend
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews