On the Web:
- PoF 24 – EMV, the Small Business, and New Ways to Pay - PaymentsViews.com - "Mike English, VP of Product Development, at Heartland Payment Systems has a front line view on the EMV transition of its SMB customers. Take a listen as Mike discusses EMV, the future of contactless and the NFC evolution."
- Samsung Pay on TV lets you buy apps and games with your credit card, debit card, and PayPal - VentureBeat - "Samsung has introduced a new way for people to pay for content — right through their television. Called Samsung Pay on TV, it supports major credit cards, debit cards, PayPal, and other mobile billing options."
- Target Launches Beacon Test In 50 Stores, With Expanded Rollout Later This Year - TechCrunch - "With beacon technology, the company says it will be able to send information about deals as well as recommendations directly to consumers’ smartphones, provided they opt in to receive these alerts."
- Clearing the Path to Purchase - Stores (NRF) - “There is a huge mindset that people pay by credit card. But if you want to expand internationally, you will find that is not always the case. You have to be prepared for alternative systems.”
On the Wires:
- Visa Opens Technology Center in Bangalore; Accelerates Digital Commerce Globally - “India has fast become one of the world’s most important technology epicentres with an incredible pool of technology talent,” said Charlie Scharf, Chief Executive Officer, Visa Inc. “Our new center in Bangalore, which complements others planned for Singapore and the U.S., will help Visa to accelerate the development of next generation payment solutions that enable secure, digital commerce through connected devices like mobile phones, PCs, tablets and even cars.”
- Square Will Name Ruth Simmons to Board of Directors - "As President of Brown University, Simmons made significant strides in improving Brown's standing as one of the world’s finest research universities, created initiatives to increase financial support and resources for students, and ensured that diversity informed every dimension of the university. Prior to Brown, she served as the President of Smith College, where she established the first engineering program at an American women's college."
- Blumenthal Demands Explanation of Retailers Blocking New Secure Mobile Payment Methods - "U.S. Senator Richard Blumenthal (D-Conn.), Ranking Member of the Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation’s Subcommittee on Consumer Protections and Data Security, requested answers from the Merchant Customer Exchange (MCX) whose members have blocked use of new mobile payment systems."
- Pocket Systems Launches Online Fraud Prevention Device - "PocketKey technology is compatible with existing card processing gateways and card networks. The payment data from PocketKey looks exactly like the data generated by a magnetic swipe card and can therefore travel through payment gateways in precisely the same way."
Glenbrook's 2015 Payments Education
- Our next Payments Boot Camp session is scheduled for October 13-14 in Palo Alto, California followed by a one-day Insight Workshop on October 15 on the topic of Global Payments.
- If you have questions about our payments education program, please contact Carol Coye Benson for more information.
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews
Note: Headline News is compiled by Glenbrook Partners. Throughout the day, as we spot interesting developments, this post is updated. Do you have news to share? Tell us here: email@example.com!