ON THE WEB
- Amazon Payments Persuades Small Retailers to Work with 'the Devil' - Bloomberg - "When you accept Amazon Payments, you get access to the coveted Amazon customers. The trade-off is you are opening your kimono to your biggest competitor.
- The payments bank opportunity in India - ETTelecom - "The textbook definition of a payments bank is that it is a differentiated bank concerned only with specific restricted functions allowed by the Banking Regulation Act of 1949."
ON THE WIRES
- MasterCard Sees Continued Momentum in U.S. EMV Adoption - “Chip technology is an essential upgrade to better protect consumers and businesses,” said Catherine Murchie, senior vice president of North American Enterprise Security Solutions for MasterCard. “Other countries that have already adopted chips have seen significant reductions in counterfeit card fraud over time – as much as 60, 70 or even 80 percent. The U.S. industry continues to work together on EMV to generate similar results.”
- Blackhawk Network Acquires Extrameasures - "Extrameasures' corporate incentive programs are complementary to our incentives portfolio and will enhance Blackhawk's leadership position in both the corporate and the consumer promotions markets," said Talbott Roche, Blackhawk Network's CEO and president.
- Green Dot Successfully Completes Next Wave of Its Processor Migration Project - "Green Dot Corporation today announced that it successfully migrated an additional 15 million account files to the MasterCard Payment Transaction Services (PTS) processing platform during the second planned conversion wave which was completed earlier this month."
GLENBROOK PAYMENTS EDUCATION EVENTS
Our next Glenbrook payments education events are coming up in early April - both in New York City - we hope to see you there!
- Payments Boot Camp - New York City - April 5-6
- Insight Workshop - New York City - Global Payments - April 7
Bring your colleagues along! Group discounts are available. For more information or to learn about our private workshops conducted at your location, contact Glenbrook's Russ Jones.
UPDATES FROM GLENBROOK
- We're hiring! Passionate about payments? Love solving tough client problems? If that describes you, come join us! Click here to learn more!
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews
Note: Headline News is compiled by Glenbrook Partners. Throughout the day, as we spot interesting developments, this post is updated. Do you have news to share? Tell us here: email@example.com!