On the Web:
- Payments on Fire Podcast #23 – What’s Up with HCE – Talking with inventor Doug Yeager - PaymentsViews.com - "In this conversation with HCE inventor Doug Yeager, CEO of SimplyTapp, we review how HCE works, what it requires, and take a look at why it’s taken so long to gain momentum."
- Merchants File Challenge to $6 Billion Antitrust Settlement with Visa, MasterCard - Wall St. Journal - "Lawyers representing roughly 100 merchants late Tuesday night formally notified MasterCard Inc. and Visa Inc. that they believe a $6 billion class-action antitrust settlement should be thrown out..."
- Inside PayPal - Bloomberg Video - "What do mobile wallets, cyber-attackers and a growing consumer class that knows no borders mean for the future of this newly-independent, publicly-traded company? Bloomberg's Emily Chang takes us behind the scenes on "Inside PayPal.""
- New SUBWAY® App Showcases Value of PayPal and Paydiant Collaboration - PayPal Stories - "Leveraging our mobile wallet platform, the Paydiant team helped to build the new SUBWAY® App, which was released in early 2015. Today, we are excited to share that PayPal will be integrated as a payment option later this year in more than 27,000 US locations."
- Contactless cards replace cash as shoppers flash the plastic - Telegraph - "British shoppers used credit and debit cards in 1.1 billion transactions in May as the adoption of contactless payments helped drive the use of plastic rather than cash. In the same month last year, cards were used 991 million times, indicating use of cards has risen by 10pc in just one year, according to numbers from the UK Cards Association."
- Former Visa Senior VP Says Bitcoin is Probably the Biggest Fintech Innovation - NewsBTC - "Bitnet founder and former senior Vice President at Visa John McDonnell says that bitcoin is probably the biggest fintech innovation since electronic payments."
On the Wires:
- TD Bank and MasterCard Partner to Drive Innovative Payment Solutions - "TD Bank ... announced an agreement with global payments technology company MasterCard to route debit and prepaid card transactions over MasterCard’s Maestro network. Through the agreement, MasterCard will process TD Bank’s debit card and prepaid card PIN transactions."
- How America Pays in 2015 - “Consumers still have a strong preference for traditional payment methods like debit cards and prepaid cards. Those payments tools are not going away anytime soon, even as interest in and usage of new payment methods grows,” said Teri Llach, chief marketing officer at Blackhawk Network, a pioneer of prepaid gift cards, payments tools and rewards delivered via a robust and convenient network. “Our findings prove that payments is not either/or when it comes to legacy payments versus emerging products; it’s really about convenience and providing a mix of options.”
- MasterCard Incorporated Reports Second-Quarter 2015 Financial Results - “Our business continues to perform well with good transaction and volume growth, particularly in cross-border, despite the mixed global economic environment and foreign exchange headwinds,” said Ajay Banga, president and CEO, MasterCard. “We are executing on our strategy to grow our business by focusing on winning new deals in our core payments business, while building out our data analytics, processing and safety applications. A blend of acquisitions and organic investments in these spaces remain at the foundation of our strategy.”
- TSYS Reports Second Quarter Adjusted EPS Grew 29.0% - “For the second quarter in a row, we exceeded our expectations that resulted in another outstanding quarter and year-to-date performance. Organic revenue grew 13.7% year-to-date as we continue to deliver exceptional performance across our key metrics,” said M. Troy Woods, chairman, president and chief executive officer of TSYS.
- Planes, Trains, and Cruises All Now Easier to Purchase Online as MasterPass Expands Travel Industry Acceptance - “Travel merchants are increasingly looking to drive efficiencies in the online booking process,” said Vib Prasad, Group Head of MasterPass at MasterCard. “MasterPass can provide a seamless checkout experience while delivering the security our cardholders have come to expect when using a MasterCard, so they can focus on enjoying their time away.”
- AcceptEmail and PayWithMyBank® Partner to Bring Consumers Heightened Convenience in Bill Payments while Cutting Down on Billing Costs - “This is the best of both worlds,” said AcceptEmail CEO Peter Kwakernaak. “Billers who take advantage of the combination of AcceptEmail and PayWithMyBank need not make adjustments to their systems, website or Apps in order to get VerifiedACH with real-time confirmations. They will reap substantial savings too. ACH is far less expensive to transact than credit card payments, which often take a percentage of the invoice amount.”
Glenbrook's 2015 Payments Education
- Our next Payments Boot Camp session is scheduled for August 4-5 in Mountain View, California followed by a one-day Insight Workshop on August 6 on the topic of Data in Payments.
- If you have questions about our payments education program, please contact Carol Coye Benson for more information.
- Click here to share PaymentsNews with a friend
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews
Note: Headline News is compiled by Glenbrook Partners. Throughout the day, as we spot interesting developments, this post is updated. Do you have news to share? Tell us here: email@example.com!