On the Web:
- India – A Good Approach for Financial Inclusion - PaymentsViews.com (Carol Coye Benson) - "My progressive friends in the U.S. are appalled by this central, government-controlled identity system. They see only threats to individual control over identity. I recognize this as a challenge, and I doubt that this type of system will find a home any time soon in the developed world."
- Global Investment Banks Back Blockchain Initiative - CoinDesk - "Nine major investment banks including J.P. Morgan Chase and Goldman Sachs have partnered with distributed ledger startup R3CEV."
On the Wires:
- Visa Introduces EMV Chip-based Biometrics - “There is increasing demand for biometrics as a more convenient and secure alternative to signatures or PINs, especially as biometrics technologies have become more reliable and available,” said Mark Nelsen, senior vice president of Risk Products and Business Intelligence, Visa Inc. “However, to support wide adoption, it is equally important that solutions are scalable and based on open standards. Building on the EMV chip standard provides a common, interoperable foundation, as well as encourages innovation in cutting-edge biometric solutions.”
- Bank of America Introduces Fingerprint and Touch ID Sign-in for Its Mobile Banking App - The new updates include the introduction of fingerprint and Touch ID sign-in, in addition to the launch of an Apple Watch mobile banking app, streamlined “Accounts Overview” page and new Security Center for more than 31 million active digital banking customers.
- SecureKey Ushers in New Era of Convenience, Security and Privacy for Accessing Online Services in the United States - “SecureKey’s consumer-oriented ID network enables stronger digital identities, eliminating many of the challenges currently associated with accessing online services,” said Dominic Venturo, EVP and Chief Innovation Officer at U.S. Bank. “We look forward to collaborating with SecureKey to grow this ecosystem of trusted credentials for the benefit of our customers nationwide.”
Glenbrook's 2015 Payments Education
- Our next Payments Boot Camp session is scheduled for October 13-14 in Palo Alto, California followed by a one-day Insight Workshop on October 15 on the topic of Global Payments.
- If you have questions about our payments education program, please contact Russ Jones for more information.
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews
Note: Headline News is compiled by Glenbrook Partners. Throughout the day, as we spot interesting developments, this post is updated. Do you have news to share? Tell us here: email@example.com!