On the Web:
- Stripe banks $70m in fundraising, valuing company at $3.5bn - Financial Times - "Online payments start-up Stripe on Monday closed a $70m fundraising round that has seen the company’s valuation double in less than a year to $3.5bn..."
- MasterCard Seeks 'Level Playing Field' for Bitcoin Regulation - CoinDesk - "MasterCard has spoken out against bitcoin's perceived risks and called for regulators to create a "level playing field" for payments systems."
- With Cardless ATMs And VR, Banks Are Vying To Out-Nerd Each Other For Your Attention - FastCompany - "Wells Fargo intends to launch a pilot with Bluetooth beacon technology in 2015, allowing customers to opt in to be recognized when they enter a branch."
- Developers Can Now Use Google’s Cloud Platform To Handle Credit Card Information - TechCrunch - "Google today announced that its Cloud Platform is now in compliance with the Payment Card Industry (PCI) Data Security Standards (DSS)."
- Google Cloud Platform now PCI Data Security Standard Certified - Google Cloud Platform Blog - "Google Cloud Platform will enable WePay to process our partners' transactions in a fully scalable, highly available environment with robust security features," said David Nye, Director of DevOps at WePay.
On the Wires:
- MasterCard Board of Directors Announces Increase in Quarterly Dividend and $3.75 Billion Class A Share Repurchase Program - “Today’s dividend and share repurchase program announcement comes as a result of our continued, strong financial performance,” said Ajay Banga, president and CEO, MasterCard. “We remain committed to delivering value to our shareholders, while investing in the growth of our business.”
- SimplyTapp Raises $5.9M to Propel Mobile Payment Innovation - "SimplyTapp, the leading provider of Host Card Emulation (HCE) solutions for cloud based mobile payments, today announced it has raised $5.9M of a Series B financing round from undisclosed new investors and existing investors Blue Sky Capital and Lightspeed Venture Partners, bringing the total amount of funding raised to date to $7.6M."
- CARDFREE Completes its Next Generation Order-Ahead Product - "This new patent license enables CARDFREE to provide its exceptional online/mobile ordering solutions within the US - for restaurants and other verticals. CARDFREE’s award-winning platform provides full commerce capabilities including cross-channel CRM, loyalty, payments and now its next generation order-ahead solution."
- AribaPay Takes Off - “By automating billing and settlement and digitizing the “pay” in procure-to-pay, AribaPay is bringing the same simplicity to B2B payments and effectively changing the game by enabling companies to drive a more efficient, effective process that creates benefits on both sides of the equation.”
Updates from Glenbrook:
- The next session of Glenbrook's Payments Boot Camp will be held Dec 9-10 in Palo Alto, CA. Join us!
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews